The Good University Guide rankings let you see how good your uni really is

The top two will shock you

Jaws drop to the floor all over our fine islands as Oxford and Cambridge hang on to the top spots in the Good University Guide.

Lancaster can legitimately call themselves a top 10 uni now, sliding into ninth place. St. Andrews round out the top three in the rankings compiled by the Sunday Times.

Although their name is fun to say, the lowest ranked University of the Highlands and Islands seems far less satisfying to actually study at. With only 67.7 per cent of students completing their course, the remote Scottish university has the lowest completion rate of any institution in this year’s rankings.

Meanwhile, the University of Bedfordshire is the easiest university to get into, demanding only 239 UCAS points. In a surprising coincidence, it’s also the university least likely to award a 2:1 or first to students.

The rankings in full:

[infogram id=”e08ce6e8-0311-4e90-99cf-9d2892f38dcd” prefix=”U9b” format=”interactive” title=”Good University Guide rankings”]

Winners and losers:

University of West London, up 37 places from 121st to 84th are this year’s biggest climbers. One of this year’s other big winners, Liverpool Hope, rise 30 places from 79th to 49th, also finding themselves second best for teaching quality. Bournemouth and Aberystwyth also see their stock rise,

Yet, several universities saw themselves take a tumble down the table. Norwich University, down 27 places from 61st to 81st, suffer this year’s biggest fall. St George’s are down 22 spots from 48th to 70th, but have the last laugh because they’re the most employable. St George’s students may well go on to work for St John’s Ambulance, but it’s York St John who are also in need of emergency care, falling 21 places, from 89th to 110th.