These are the most employable degrees you can study in the UK

Sorry Comp Sci

A recent study conducted by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) has revealed which courses are most likely to get employed within six months of completing their degree.

The data was collected from the 2015/16 academic year. Around six months after the graduates completed their course, they were asked to complete the Destinations of Leavers from Higher Education survey. This gathers information on what graduates have gone on to do after their studies.

These surveys give a helpful insight on how the Higher Education sector is performing, with respect to widening participation, retaining students, and graduate outcomes. With the Tories admitting that raising tuition fees hasn’t worked, and tuition fees in general are becoming more of a talking point within the government, research like this is slightly disheartening for some, after putting your life and soul into your university degree.

Roughly three quarters of those eligible to respond completed the survey, and it’s no surprise who comes in first. With a 99.6 per cent employability rate from around six months of graduating, courses in Medicine, Dentistry and Veterinary Science are top dogs. You would hope so after around five to seven years of your life being spent on it. Well done. Unlucky for the architects, who came 8th in the list, with a 93.9 per cent employability after graduating, two places below Agriculture.

The lowest scoring course within the subject survey was Computer Science with 89.9 per cent employability. It was even lower than Social Sciences and Creative Arts and Design with 93.5 per cent which were joint 10th.