Melania Trump just liked this tweet criticising her relationship with Donald, so maybe she does hate him as much as the rest of us

tips

news  • 

‘Melania, blink twice if you need help’

Ever since Donald Trump was elected president and started, you know, actually having to be seen with his wife, everyone has noticed that things look pretty frosty between him and Melania.

He leaves her trailing behind when he leaves cars and planes, he never holds the door for her, her smile immediately fades when he’s not checking in on her, she has to remind him to perform basic civic duties like holding his hand over his heart when he sings his own national anthem. Understandably, because she has to spend more time with him than presumably any other poor human on this planet (except for maybe Ivanka), Melania looks like she cannot stand him.

• Last night, adding fuel to the she-hates-him fire, eagle eyed Twitter users noticed that Melania had allegedly liked a post making fun of the gulf between herself and her husband. Gizmodo reporter William Turton posted a screenshot of the tweet, which said the only “wall” Trump has built is between him and his wife.

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/859589985363689472

Other people quickly piled in, with one person writing: “I feel like I’m watching history being made right now”. Some also pointed out how bizarre it was that Melania had allegedly liked the tweet on her personal account, despite the joke tagging the official FLOTUS Twitter handle – which is tagged in thousands of tweets every day. It was also the second thing she liked on Twitter, ever.

45 minutes later and after a flurry of screenshots, Melania had unliked the tweet.

https://twitter.com/WilliamTurton/status/859601799120138240

It’s easy to make jokes here like “Melania, if you need help blink twice and share this article” but if Melania did like the tweet on purpose then it’s a depressing insight into her relationship with one of the most hated men in the world. Being stuck in a shitty relationship is nothing to laugh at, even if you’re stuck in a relationship with a tiny-handed orange idiot who accidentally got elected POTUS.

@rosielanners