Meninists are planning to wear penis shaped hats on International Men’s Day

tips

babe  • 

Go for it babes

You may remember earlier this month, when for International Women’s Day some people chose to wear pussy hats to celebrate. It happened first in February, when lots of people chose to wear the wooly albeit decidedly unexplicit vag hats during Women’s Marches around the world. For example, here is Nick Offerman wearing one.

Obviously though, what these people didn’t reckon for is the force of the anti-feminist internet, who decided to fight fire with fire. Or, because it’s Twitter, fight pink wooly hats with wearing literal dicks on their heads. In a valiant attempt to “offend the liberals” a few people have decided that their plans for International Men’s Day (which is on November 19th, jsyk) include wearing these graphic hats.

The idea seems to be – and it took me a while to get my head around this one too – that by wearing the crocheted penis and ballsack wooly hat, liberals will be triggered and need therapy, and that exposure to the hats will raise awareness of Penisphobia (which is actually called Phallophobia, but whatever, details right). After being picked up and retweeted by Chrissy Teigen, the post now has over 10,000 reactions.

One man wrote underneath: “People were wearing giant pussy hats to try to own conservatives. Tit for tat. I’ll take four.”

Understandably, people are confused and skeptical of the whole endeavour.

It’s kind of like when Trump supporters bought Starbucks to protest against Starbucks. Remember that? What a world.

@rosielanners