Hey guys! International Men’s Day is on the 19th of November, so you can stop asking about it now

tips

babe  • 

You are welcome no honestly don’t mention it

Hello and welcome to International Women’s Day, on today, the 8th of March. International Women’s Day is a day meant to celebrate women around the globe and advance the continued push for gender equality in the world.

I’m explaining this to you because every year there is a lot of confusion about the existence of International Women’s Day from befuddled men on the internet! For example:

International Men’s Day takes place every year on the 19th November. This year it is on a Sunday. While IWD takes place to work towards gender equality for women, the “objectives of International Men’s Day include a focus on men’s and boy’s health, improving gender relations, promoting gender equality, and highlighting positive male role models”, according to the official website.

“It is an occasion for men to celebrate their achievements and contributions – in particular their contributions to community, family, marriage, and child care while highlighting the discrimination against them.”

Obviously International Men’s Day is a totally legit and important day – male suicide rates, particularly among men in their teens and twenties, are exponentially higher than women of the same age, and a day encouraging men to focus on their physical and mental health and actually talk to one another is, in the least patronising way possible, a good thing. The problem is not that International Men’s Day exists, it’s that the men of the internet really only show an interest in it today.

Care about International Men’s Day, of course. But maybe don’t care so much about it, right now, today.

Once again to be clear International Men’s Day is on Sunday 19th November you are welcome guys seriously don’t mention it no honestly it’s fine.

@rosielanners