You voted checked flannel shirts the biggest fashion dealbreaker for guys. Because they are awful

Bootcut jeans rank pretty highly

Hide Images

Here’s the thing – there’s a lot of articles, and there traditionally always have been a lot of articles, which tell women what to wear and what not to wear to look sexually attractive. Last week we parodied this and asked you what the biggest fashion dealbreakers for guys were.

Unsurprisingly, some people were confused and upset.

But anyway, most people got it. And they voted in their hundreds. And the number one fashion dealbreaker, over crocs, fedoras, and bootcut jeans, was surprisingly the humble checked flannel shirt, favourite of out of place men in their thirties in regional nightclubs across the land.

1,500 of you decided you’d had enough of checkered shirts, which were followed by black harrington bomber jackets in second place with 1,100 votes. Blazers – as in the “table for you lovely ladies tonight, £300 with bottle service, we play bangers in here all night” kind – and denim shirts – as in the “do you wanna come see Professor Green with me” kind – came in third and fourth place respectively.

On the other end of the spectrum, Donald Trump style suits which are too baggy didn’t do too badly at all, with only 251 votes. The more you know I guess.