Stop what you’re doing: You can now download from Netflix

It’s for iOS, so you can watch it on the move

Netflix has just released an update to their iOS app which enables account holders to download episodes to watch without wifi.

They are releasing the service initially with a selection of series, with the aim to moving onto all of their shows. So far, series including Black Mirror, Narcos, The Crown, Peep Show, Suits and more are available for download.

You simply need to update Netflix in your App Store to see the changes:

Eddy Wu, Netflix’s Director of Product Innovation, said: “While many members enjoy watching Netflix at home, we’ve often heard they also want to continue their Stranger Things binge while on airplanes and other places where internet is expensive or limited.”

He added: “Just click the download button on the details page for a film or TV series and you can watch it later without an internet connection.

“Many of your favourite streaming series and movies are already available for download, with more on the way, so there is plenty of content available for those times when you are offline.”

Netflix told BuzzFeed they are in the process of trying to get the rights for the rest of their non-original content available to download offline.

“Netflix is working with lots of partners globally to get downloading rights for the bulk of the content on our service,” said a spokesperson.

“This is an ongoing effort as we know consumers want this capability and we are working to provide it.”

If you’ve ever been so addicted to a Netflix series that you’ve downloaded the app to keep watching out – and rinsed all of your data – this will be a game changer for you.