Over 80 per cent of men say they would take a male contraceptive pill

tips

news  • 

A likely tale

Over 82 per cent of men say they would take a male contraceptive pill if it became widely available, our poll has found.

Of the 1,356 men who took the poll over 1,100 said they’d be happy taking the pill, with just 18 per cent saying they’d avoid it.

Last week scientists said that a male contraceptive pill may be available as early as 2021. The pill could be taken minutes before sex and stops sperm swimming – but 50 per cent of women surveyed said they wouldn’t trust men to take it.

A contraceptive injection for men has also been developed, but a quarter of the men who took it on a pilot study complained about the hormonal side effects – which women have been experiencing for years y’know, just, by the way – and halted the research because they said they didn’t want to take it.

It’s worth remembering, just as a note, that the pill was originally intended to be for men, but they whined about the side effects so they gave it to women instead.

So our poll results show that either you guys are lying through your teeth, or you’ve grown up and stopped being babies about taking the pill, and finally decided to accept your fate.

Well done you!

@rosielanners