Felixstowe, a beautiful seaside town with absolutely nothing for young people

‘Bandbox’ is literally the only place to go

Felixstowe: a wild party venue for all of those keen freshers who have never experienced clubbing! Haha, I’m just kidding. It’s anything but exciting.

Despite the level of interest and fascination that Felixstowe has to offer for the older generation, the youth desire more entertainment and fun. The truth is it’s an Edwardian seaside town that accommodates just over 20,000 people. Many teenagers often claim that it’s, “where the old people come to die”. Despite the morbidity to this dramatic statement, Felixstowe lends itself to a quaint and active lifestyle. Speaking on behalf of Felixstowe’s younger generation, it’s boring with little entertainment value but people can sometimes take for granted that living by the sea is a privilege.

Sporting ventures

Of course we can appreciate the beauty of the sea – but lets not forget how busy the Golf and Tennis club are. In the summer season, people flock to these sports as if their lives depend on it. Never would anyone dare to believe that in the summer it actually reaches above twenty degrees and yes that does mean that the locals wear sun cream lotion. A defining part of Felixstowe’s sporting heritage is that many of the world’s finest tennis players have graced these courts, including the world champion Fred Perry and most recently Andy Murray.

Aside from Felixstowe’s thriving tennis club environment, the Golf Club attracts just as much attention. It is one of the oldest clubs in Suffolk. Golf has been played at Felixstowe for over 120 years.

A spot of golf

Nights out

Ok, so all of this may be fascinating for the older generation but what about us? To be honest the excitement of a “night out” normally means stumbling into the “Bandbox” early hours of the morning. So the floor is a little sticky and the drinks are cheap but it doesn’t get much better unless pre drinks are involved.

Dancing around in this club sober is not really a good idea.  As much as we complain about the clubbing facilities, they still don’t much a chance to get down on that dance floor and party the night away.

Felixstowe “Band-Box”, a clubbing experience that you may well forget

Felixstowe Beach

OK, so the nightlife may not be that enthralling for young people, but they still have the beautiful sea right at their doorstep and the luxury of swimming leisurely for hours on end in the summer.

The truth it’s not just young people flocking to the beach in the summer – unlike the scenes on the white sandy beaches of Florida. In fact, Felixstowe beach is surrounded by all ages in the summertime and you will often see families and older couples happily eating an ice cream and lounging outside their beach huts.

Felixstowe beach huts

Town

The heart of Felixstowe truly is the town. It’s so enjoyable wondering around, bumping into the locals and grabbing a coffee in Costa! They have recently refurbished the cafe and it’s become one of the busiest cafe’s in the high street. Modern, classy and the social hub for locals wanting to grab a coffee on the go, Felixstowe’s Costa makes you feel right at home.

Felixstowe’s shops are small and quaint and the customer service goes above and beyond at times, willing to call up other local shops and order in the product for the shopper. Even the Palace Cinema offers two comfy cinema screens with food service brought right to your seat.

The heart of Felixstowe town

The best selling point about Felixstowe is the town and the community of friendly locals. Known to be sleepy and unadventurous for the young, wishing to leave the town and explore life outside it’s walls, students always return home to Felixstowe for holidays and family visits. So it may not be as exciting or adventurous as the big cities in the world like New York or London, but it offers a close knit community and sporting ventures.  It may be a boring place, but the secret to overcoming boredom is getting involved with the friendly locals and become a part of the tight knit community of people.