Everything that will happen on your girls’ night out in Ipswich

You’ll end up at Sin

A girls’ night out in Ipswich starts way before the actual night, with frantic text messages back and forth about who is going, where we are going and most importantly, what to wear.

Pre drinks

Once that is all sorted, everyone heads over to someone’s house to drink cheap wine and vodka. Conversation will be around who is on the pull that night and who isn’t, how much money we have for the night, and who will be the most likely to be the most hammered and in need of being carried home. And of course, the first of the nights many selfies are taken.

Get some pitchers at Cricketers

When it gets to about half ten, we all stumble out of the house in our heels, already feeling a bit boozed, and clamber into a taxi. Depending on money, we will either head to the cricketers or Isaacs.

On a cheap night, it has to be cricketers. This classic Weatherspoon’s is crammed with young people starting their night out in Ipswich, although the bar stools will be taken by the usual locals of old, miserable men. We all head to the bar to buy two for £12 pitchers, tasting so fruity that it is pretty easy to down at least two in a couple of hours. At least the cricketers have nice spacious toilets with big mirrors – perfect for getting a few more selfies.

Or Isaacs if you’ve got more money

If we are more fortunate, we get to go to Isaacs. Situated right on the waterfront, with big benches outside all of us can fit on together, this is a perfect pre drink pub. The music is always playing, it is always busy and is guaranteed to be a good start to the night, especially if the weather is good.

Spend too long arguing about where to go

Around these tables starts the argument as to where we are actually going to go clubbing. Someone always loves Sin ad won’t go anywhere else, and then there is always one person who thinks it is shit and won’t go. Vodka Revolutions can always be divisive because of the high prices and nights at unit 17 are sometimes really good, but sometimes really shit.

End up going to Aqua to avoid the decision

Struggling to get an answer to this difficult question, we stumble up the cobbled waterfront and make our way to Aqua eight to buy us some more thinking time. Aqua eight is possibly the coolest bar in the whole of Ipswich, with its expensive looking water features, blue lights and a DJ in the corner. They always have the best looking bar men and again, perfect selfie toilets. What could go wrong? After a few overpriced vodka lemonades and jaeger bombs, it is time to begin the actual clubbing.

Go to Sin

Despite all of the arguments about one person thinking it is really shit, the first club we always go in, without a doubt is Sin. We queue up for ages and once we get inside remember that this club is probably smaller than most of our living rooms at home. But the cheesy songs always get us in a good mood, and we will sing a long, Snapchats on film, to every word of the first five songs. This is where the separation begins, with half of the group spending the whole time in the smoking area, catching up with people they haven’t seen from high school.

Then go to Vodka Revs

Most of us can only last about half an hour in Sin, so we usually leave the couple of sin diehard fans in there whilst the rest of us go across the road to Vodka Revolutions. The entry may be steep, but it is so worth it, especially for a girl’s night. If we’re lucky, upstairs will have its 70s disco on. What is more perfect for a girl’s night out? We will hog the area under the disco ball, form a circle and passionately sing Grease to each other, remembering all the dance moves from our childhood.

If anyone is on the pull, they will get lucky in Vodka revs.

Sit on the curb and eat chips and garlic mayo

After, a couple from the group who still haven’t had enough will head to Unit 17, but the rest of us will go to the kebab shop, to order loads of portions of chips and even more garlic mayo. We will sit on the curb, kick of our heels and munch on our food unattractively until the taxi arrives.

All stay in one persons bed

We will wake up in the morning in a very crowded bed, nurse our hangovers and start planning the next girls night out.