Revealed: The universities with the most satisfied students

The results of the National Student Survey are in

You were all asked whether you were satisfied with your uni in the National Student Survey, which wouldn’t leave your screen pestering you to reply. They’ve text you, emailed you, called you, almost turned up on your doorstep, just to ask “how happy are you?”

The survey asks about various components of uni life such as teaching, assessment and feedback, academic support, organisation and management, learning resources, personal development and overall satisfaction.

The response rate to the 2016 survey is 72 per cent, slightly higher than the previous two years: 10,000 more final year students responded, which takes the total number to around 312,000.

St Andrews topped the leaderboard with a whopping 94  per cent.

Meanwhile, Scottish counterparts, Edinburgh lagged behind with the lowest score of 80  per cent.

HEFCE Chief Executive, Professor Madeleine Atkins, said: “I’m pleased to see that the results of this year’s survey remain very positive, demonstrating the commitment of all higher education providers to deliver high quality teaching and learning for their students.

“The response rate is very encouraging and ensures that the student voice continues to inform enhancements in quality and in the information available to the next cohort of students.”

In 2017, the National Student Survey will become compulsory for all of those registered to higher education institutions.

Here is a summary of the survey, the scores for overall satisfaction for each university:

Aberdeen – 88 per cent

Aberystwyth – 92 per cent

Aston – 88 per cent

Bath – 90 per cent

Belfast – 90 per cent

Birmingham – 86 per cent

Bristol – 86 per cent

Brookes – 87 per cent

Cardiff – 87 per cent

Durham – 89 per cent

Edinburgh – 80 per cent

Exeter – 91 per cent

Glasgow – 89 per cent

Hull – 86 per cent

John Moores – 84 per cent

Kent – 90 per cent

King’s – 82 per cent

Lancaster – 91 per cent

Leeds – 90 per cent

Leicester – 88 per cent

Lincoln – 91 per cent

Liverpool – 87 per cent

Loughborough – 89 per cent

Manchester – 85 per cent

Newcastle – 90 per cent

Northumbria – 86 per cent

Norwich – 91 per cent

Nottingham – 89 per cent

Oxford – 90 per cent

Plymouth – 85 per cent

Reading – 87 per cent

Royal Holloway – 89 per cent

Sheffield – 89 per cent

Southampton – 86 per cent

St Andrews – 94 per cent

Stirling – 89 per cent

Strathclyde – 87 per cent

Sussex – 89 per cent

Trent – 89 per cent

UCL – 84 per cent

UCLan – 83 per cent

UWE – 87 per cent

Warwick – 88 per cent

York – 89 per cent