Scorcher style: How to stay fashionable in the heatwave

Pool sliders are key

For weeks we’ve been moaning about the summer and when it was coming – and then it did come, all at once, and we didn’t know how to cope with it. While most of us are melting into our sofas and getting painfully sunburnt, these guys are nailing heatwave fashion. How do they do it?

Francesca, 23, Fashion designer

heat1

“I’ve just come back from Italy, where I’m from, so this heat is not really noticeable to me.”

Luke, 33, Graphic designer

heat2

“We need to all enjoy this weather while it lasts.”

Noisette, 23, Waitress

heat3

“It’s fucking hot. Like me.”

Ayisha, 24, Model and stylist

heat4

“I hate the heat. I’m too hot and I’ve got too much work to do.”

Dani and Jasmine, 18, students

heat5

“Fuck, it’s hot. Wish I’d brought my sunglasses.”

Kevin, 39, works at American Express

heat6

Natalie, 22, student and Lana, 27, Events manager

heat7

Nicole, 28, admissions advisor

heat8

“I love it. I’m on a day trip from Brighton and the weather really makes it feel like a holiday.”

Anushka, 29, teacher

heat9

Rob, 35, project manager

heat10

“I’m Australian so I fucking love this weather! I’m just out for a walk to get some sun because I’ve been stuck working at home all day.”

Kelly, 21, Fashion student at Florida State University

heat11

“I’m used to it because I go to Florida State but yesterday it felt even hotter than Florida. It is especially difficult because no one has air conditioning in London.”

Katlyn, 19, Fashion student at Florida State

heat12

“I suggest wearing very light clothes to keep cool because otherwise it’s unbearable.”

Hemes, Sophie and Felistas, 19, students

heat13

Milo, 30, works at Boxpark

Optimized-IMG_9915

“I’m from Colombia so it’s quite normal for me but I do really like it. It’s much better than rain or really any other weather.”

Alex, 23, Student

Optimized-IMG_9918 (1)

“I can see why some people don’t like it but I don’t mind sweating a little bit. It’s all good.”

Joel, 28, works in Boxpark

heat14

“I like the hot weather, any excuse to wear shorts. It’s like the weather in L.A and I would like to move there one day. But it’s my favourite weather when it’s like this because everyone’s in a good mood and always smiling.”