The most delicious hidden secrets in Camden

There’s literally every cuisine you could think of here

From food markets a doorstep away from Camden Market to the delicious burger restaurants and fish and chip shops on every corner of the streets,  you’re spoilt for choice if you’re looking to eat in North London. It doesn’t stop there. When you think you’ve had enough food to satisfy you for a lifetime, you’ll see the crazy dessert shops that Camden has to offer and you’ll subconsciously bring out your wallet (again and again and again).

Restaurants

Hache

This isn’t your average burger restaurant. They know what they’re doing and they do it well. With a selection of different herbs in your patty (the best is rosemary) there’s even an option of ciabatta bread or brioche bun to seal all the ingredients together.  

La Patagonia

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGkON04Gw4l

This Argentinian style menu is quite eclectic, not just designed to please meat lovers. They also offer seafood dishes and pasta. What I’m trying to say is if you have picky friends (me) who find it so hard to decide what they want to eat (my friends), they’ll have a wide variety to choose from. Aside from their amazing Argentinian cuisine, this restaurant is one of the most homely settings about.

Poppies

Poppies gives you an option to either eat in or take away your fish and chips which is perfect for the rare times it becomes sunny in London and you can actually sit in a park and enjoy the weather. Even if you choose to eat in, the informal atmosphere and live music on friday nights will brighten your mood no matter the weather. Their fish and chips are amazing and though they’re bang on Camden High Street they instantly remind you of Brighton trips to the beach.

Camden Lock’s Global Kitchen

If you’re the type of person who doesn’t need to sit in a restaurant to eat your food, the food market is the perfect place to go as a little stop during your thrift shop/vintage hunt. Whatever you’re craving that day will be available to you. Hot dog and a beer? Yep. Curry and rice? Yep. Stir fry? They have a ‘Malaysian Corner’ specifically for you.

Hola Guacamole

https://www.instagram.com/p/srdiC5PMl9

If you love tacos, burritos and fajitas, you’ll love them even more after trying some Hola Guacamole goods. If you’re not a fan of mexican, this stall is the strongest contender you’re going to get to change your mind.

The Mac Factory

Surprisingly enough, it’s very hard to find decent, let alone nice mac and cheese in London. That was until The Mac Factory set up shop in Camden and blessed everyone with amazingly cheesy and flavoursome maccy cheese (they have a truffled shroom filling for God’s sake).

Dessert

Chin Chin Laboratists

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHbyRn0BxB7/?taken-by=chinchinlabs

They make ice cream out of liquid nitrogen. Ice cream. Out of liquid nitrogen. Not only are the ice creams aesthetically pleasing, but they’re made out of LIQUID NITROGEN. Oh, and you’ll never find better tasting ice cream in London. You should go to Camden just for their ice creams.