The food places in Sheffield to try before you die

From posh brunch to the best burgers, you have to try all these

Sheffield tends to be known for its quantity of takeaways, but there’s more to the city’s culinary map than that.

These are the tastiest places you must eat at in the steel city before you die.

Craft and Dough

The original Craft and Dough is situated in Kelham Island, but there is also one on Ecclesall Road with a third opening this year on Campo Lane, near the city centre. Their interiors are stylishly rustic.

Go there for an array of fresh pizzas, with vegan and gluten-free options available. One of their pizzas has a butternut squash base instead of cheese and another has Frazzles as a topping. It’s also the place to go for craft beer and cocktails.

The Great Gatsby

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHSEI1QjRF7/?taken-by=gatsbysheffield

Gatsbys offers tacos and burritos with a posh twist. One of their tacos includes pomegranate seeds as a filling. Their cocktails are divine too, with happy hour discounts making them very affordable.

You can also get nachos and fries if you just fancy a snack.

The Harley

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHPsVMbBGFX/?taken-by=harleysheffield

Famous around Sheffield for their burgers, the best thing about The Harley burgers are their specials. You can currently get a Sunday roast dinner burger from there.

The Harley also hosts gigs and nights out and their fries and milkshakes are to die for.

Bungalows and Bears

Bungalows and Bears is often overshadowed by The Harley, but their burgers are also incredible. They have a 2-4-1 offer on their burgers every Tuesday that is definitely worth making the most of.

The food is delicious and their burger selection rivals that of The Harley.

Steam Yard

Their donut selection is out of this world and you can get any hot drink and doughnut for only £3. You can also get toasties and bagels.

There is outside seating so it is perfect to relax and eat at on a sunny day.

Lucky Fox

Located on Division Street, this is the place to go for fried chicken. It is also a great place for brunch, with selections from avocado on toast to fried chicken with waffles. The atmosphere is relaxed and they even serve salted pretzels with their coffee.

Though Lucky Fox specialises in fried chicken, there’s something for everyone on their menu and their veggie options are divine.

Marmadukes

If you fancy going somewhere classy , Marmadukes is the place to go. Deli sandwiches, quiche and posh cakes are in abundance. It also has an extensive breakfast menu.

Peddler Night Market

Coming to Kelham Island monthly, Peddler has an amazing selection of street food that changes every time. The atmosphere is exciting with live music and art stalls.

Street Food Chef

Street Food Chef serves a wide range of tacos, burritos and quesadillas. If you want healthy fast food, this is the place to go. Their breakfast burritos are insane, and as they are served all day they make the perfect hangover food.

Upshot Espresso

https://www.instagram.com/p/BHErGW4gHdx/?taken-by=upshotespresso

Upshot Espresso is a haven for posh weekend brunch. Head down there on a Saturday afternoon for minimalist hipster vibes and avocado on toast with chilli jam.