Where to get breakfast in Leeds

Some call it the breakfast capital of the UK

Let’s face it, breakfast is the best meal of the day. You can combine both sweet and savoury, eat mountains of waffles, stuff yourself silly with a fry up, or feed your avocado craving with avocado and smoked salmon on toast.

Here’s where to get the best breakfasts in Leeds.

The Greedy Pig

From the best full English breakfast in Leeds to fluffy American pancakes, The Greedy Pig serves every kind of breakfast you could ever want.

If you’re after decent portions and proper tasty grub then this will hit the spot. Plus, without compromising on quality, everything is fantastically good value, making this homely cafe a dream for those on a budget.

Sociable Folk

Sociable Folk is a hidden gem that’s well worth a visit. Tucked away in the business district, you can grab a cinnamon bagel from here for only £1.50. There’s a variety of other breakfast food, too, including both healthy options like granola pots and more indulgent foods like bacon butties.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BBU1R_3Cvea/?taken-at=337204975

However, it’s the coffee that makes this place worth visiting, none of that filter malarkey but actual ‘proper coffee’. The staff here are incredibly friendly and will talk you through all the coffee options. So before work, enjoy your breakfast with one of their carefully crafted coffees, you certainly won’t be left disappointed.

Rosie’s Diner

Rosie’s Diner offers a range of delicious breakfast foods in an authentic American style diner. Waffles topped with fruit and drizzled in syrup, thick stacked pancakes, every flavour milkshake you can imagine, it’s the all American dream.

https://www.instagram.com/p/0yZc2ysU8m/?taken-at=228287213

They’ve even got a yellow school bus casually parked at the back.  An actual bus you can board and sit on to eat your food. It’s as amazing as it sounds. If you only go to one place on this list, go here.

LS6

After a sophisticated brekkie? Then swanky cafe LS6 is the place for you. It’s rustic-chic interior is the perfect backdrop to a lazy breakfast.

Their Yorkshire Breakfast (essentially an English Breakfast made with Yorkshire produce) is to die for,  and comes with toasted rye bread. The veggie version is on a par with the meaty one, and both are a bargain at only £6. LS6 also have a range of ‘fancy sides’, including smoked salmon and grilled halloumi.

Opposite Cafe

Located just across from Leeds Uni, this place is a cosy student hot spot. With freshly squeezed juices, homemade cakes, porridge, speciality teas, and top quality ‘proper’ coffee.

Savvy Leeds locals will know Opposite Cafe has branches in Chapel Allerton as well as in the Victorian Quater, but the one by Leeds uni is by far the best. The relaxed atmosphere and random music playlist will make it feel as if you’ve popped round to your mates rather than to a coffee shop.

Laynes Espresso

https://www.instagram.com/p/6SFxn_EBkh/?tagged=laynesespresso

As the name suggests this place specialises in espresso and other coffees, and boy are they good. The coffee is made from beans sourced from all over Europe, and the baristas here pride themselves on creating the most luxurious coffees around.

For healthy foodies there’s buckwheat pancakes and avocado on sourdough to choose from. Or if you’re looking to treat yourself then you really have to try the Yorkshire Rarebit, which is made using Henderson’s relish and comes served on seed rye toast.

Hepworth’s Deli

Hepworth’s Deli is a breakfast lovers heaven because it serves brunch all day ever day.

You won’t find better poached eggs then the ones here at Hepworth’s. Served on either a toasted muffin or granary bread with lashings of creamy hollaindaise sauce, whether you choose Eggs Benedict or Eggs Florentine, every poached egg breakfast here is insanely tasty.