We found the best 2016 grad schemes still hiring

You haven’t missed the boat

Uni’s over, and you’re scrambling to get your life together – that means getting hired ASAP. If you’re looking for grad schemes at top firms, the chances are your searches are coming up empty. Most application deadlines closed months ago – keen applicants (nerds) will have got sorted themselves as early as 2015.

Don’t kick yourself though, prestigious places for this year’s intake are still out there.

Using our new graduate jobs platform HEADHUNTER, we’ve scoured the net for the bigdog employers whose grad scheme applications for 2016 are still open – from financial services to media. Get your applications in sharpish, some of these positions start as early as September.

Here are the best placements at industry leaders you haven’t missed out on, you’re welcome.

Lidl – Area Manager

Lidl might be a surprising feature at first, but they’re #25 on The Times Top 100 Graduate Employers. The starting salary is a handsome £42,600 and you get a fully-expensed company car.

Location: South London and surrounding counties
Apply now

Accenture – Software Engineer Graduate

A role at the management consulting heavyweights where you’ll be using the most sophisticated technology on the market to provide solutions for industry leading clients in a variety of sectors. Huge range of benefits including competitive salary, private healthcare, subsidised gym membership, personal laptop and AMEX card.

Location: Newcastle

Apply now

Sign up here for HEADHUNTER by The Tab – the email newsletter with top graduate job opportunities from The Times Top 100 Employers

DMG Media – Various

DMG is home to The Daily Mail and Metro, among other leading publications. There are roles available for the 2016/7 graduate programme within their best known brands, in sales, marketing, finance and technology.  Benefits include competitive salary, generous holiday allocation and onsite gym.

Location: London

Apply now

Hewlett Packard Enterprise – Business Management

If you’re interested in a career in business and technology, this is the one for you – you’ll pivot between departments like finance, governance and commercial and get to grips with the running of one of the world’s leading providers of software, tech and services. Also, they give you a 3k signing on bonus.

Location: Bracknell / Bristol

Apply now

UNIQLO – Manager Candidate Program

This is one of the most exciting schemes in retail and fashion – it’s likely you’ll be placed in Europe at some point on this placement for either training or full-time work (so being able to speak a second language like French, German or Russian is desirable here). You’ll be expected to take on a lot of responsibility early on as you go through an intense training program to build the skills necessary to be able to run a business generating millions in sales.

Location: London
Apply now

KPMG – Audit, Pensions, Technology

One of the big four accountancy firms, KPMG usually closes its applications early doors so this really is the last chance to get onto the 2016 intake. There are several role types available across the UK, including core positions in auditing and pensions as well as frontline cyber security roles. The salary varies depending on role and location, although 30k is a ballpark figure you can expect to start on. KPMG offers its graduates a performance-related bonus scheme and travel season ticket loan.

Location: Nationwide

Apply now

Babcock – Commercial

This role offers a spread of experiences as Babcock place you across 5 sectors over the course of the scheme: naval and commercial marine, renewables, oil and gas, liquid gas equipment, and civil nuclear. At the Rosyth site work takes place on projects ranging from UK aircraft carriers to BP marine operations. You could be managing elements of multi-million pound bids, supporting commercial contracts or identifying new opportunities in Babcock’s existing sectors. Starting salary is between 27 – 30k.

Location: Rosyth (Dunfermline)

Apply now

Capgemini – Business Analytics Associate Consultant

If you’re a problem solver and take a strong interest in business, this should suit you perfectly. You’ll be joining a highly specialised team who use data science to solve complex business problems, which will prove the ideal environment to get a grounding in management consultancy. This is a client-facing role, so you’ll have the opportunity to gain exposure to the operations of Capgemini’s partners in sectors like government, finance, consumer and retail. Capgemini cover costs if you want to attain professional qualifications (these are useful for the rest of your career and bloody expensive if you pay for them yourself), and the starting salary is competitive.
Location: London
Apply now