These are the UKs fittest vegans, as voted for by you

One of them is a firefighter

PETA has announced the winners of its national competition – with Stefanie Moir and Anthony Welsh now officially the Hottest Vegans in the UK.

Glasgow fitness blogger Stefanie Moir and Newcastle firefighter Anthony Welsh are pretty much perfect ideals of physical beauty. But they’re also vegans – so they’re saving the world too.

Stefanie, 24, runs a fitness blog called NaturallyStefanie, giving tips including fashion, health, and recipes for how to live a vegan lifestyle. She went vegan three years ago, wanting to live a healthier lifestyle.

Stefanie

Stefanie

Stefanie says: “I went vegan to be able to live the healthiest and fittest life whilst also reducing cruelty to animals”, she says. “I have watched numerous documentaries … and read lots of articles … and I wanted to do my part to reduce the suffering of animals and the damage to the planet.”

StefanieMoir3

“Bubbly and outgoing” Moir also runs a popular Youtube channel with over 68,000 subscribers. Her Instagram has over 65,000 followers as well.

StefanieMoir2

Hunky Antony, 26, is all-action – he is a firefighter, technician and a model. He went vegan five years ago after some research online made him aware of the cruelty involved in eating and wearing animals.

He says: “I had a sudden awakening to how bizarre it was that humans … showed affection to household pets but consumed other animals”, he says. “I realised I could not put my money into such a business that exploits, tortures and kills innocent, beautiful beings.”

Anthony Welsh

Anthony Welsh

Anthony plays drums and loves to travel. In addition to promoting vegan living on social media, he also wears apparel with a vegan message to the gym to show his message off.

He’s also really really really good-looking.

PETA Director Mimi Bekhechi said: “We’re thrilled for our two wonderful winners – but of course, to animals, everyone who makes the compassionate switch to a vegan diet is a winner.”

Hottest-Vegan-2016-Anthony

The two winners will each receive a one-night stay for two at the luxury boutique hotel La Suite West in London, which will include a vegan breakfast as well as a dinner prepared by vegan Head Chef Nik Heartland at its restaurant, RAW.