Edward Yan is this year’s best dressed student

He got 17 per cent of the vote

2,465 of you voted for this year’s best dressed, and Edward from Sheffield was a clear winner.

With 427 votes, 17.3 per cent voted for him to win.

He came well above runners up Hannah (371 votes) and Alice (364) from Liverpool.

Edward is from Little Chalfont in Buckinghamshire and has just finished his first year studying Architecture at Sheffield.

We caught up with the winner, here’s what he had to say:

Edward, Sheffield

Are you surprised to win?

I feel incredibly shocked. I found out that I was featured on the article through a friend linking it to me on Twitter and when I saw it, I was already in third place. I’m glad that everyone that voted appreciates my style.

How would you describe your style?

I would say that my style is very minimalist. My wardrobe is primarily black and I like play with different cuts and silhouettes. Long and oversized items usually catch my eye.

Where do you buy your clothes from?

If anyone knows me, they’ll know I love shopping in Zara and Asos. They fit closely with my aesthetic and have options for everyone.

Do you have a favourite brand?

I don’t necessarily have a favourite brand as I like to gather inspiration from many different designers every season. I like to stay current and stay aware of different trends.

Nike or Adidas?

Adidas.

Any favourite places in Sheffield?

Mooch, here in Sheffield is one of my favourite vintage stores.

How long does it take you to get ready?

In terms of planning outfits, having an all black wardrobe makes it pretty easy. I usually choose one item such as trousers or a jacket as a focal point, and base my outfit around that.

Anyone who influences your style?

I wouldn’t say that I have one particular style icon. I like to take ideas from the runway and make things my own.

How much do you spend on clothes?

Probably too much! I would say about £100 a month on clothes. Is that a lot?!

Any style tips for our readers?

Wear what makes you happy and don’t listen to what people say.