The British health food bloggers you should be following

Bored of re-heating last night’s pizzas?

Instagram has quickly become one of the biggest platforms for healthy food bloggers, fitness experts or aspiring food lovers to share their effortlessly captured pictures of avocado flowers or perfect golden runny eggs.

Thousands follow for inspiration, motivation or appreciation, and healthy, nutritious food has never looked so good. So if you’re bored of your beans on toast and want to make your Insta feed a little more colourful, here’s a list of aesthetically pleasing healthy food accounts to sink your teeth into.

Deliciously Ella

No list of “healthy food Instagrams” would be complete without blogger, best-selling author and all round foodie Ella Mills. Ella has risen to fame in the Instagram community causing her debut book to earn the title of fastest selling debut cookbook in the UK.

Deliciously Ella was created to help and show others how eating well is so important for our health and can that it be easy and delicious.

Her Instagram is filled with colourful and vibrant food as well as healthy, raw alternatives to our favourite treats such as her famous sweet potato brownies or cacao and date energy balls.

If you have a craving for chocolate and sweet treats then take a scroll through her feed for inspiration without the guilt.

Beet Box 

Exciting and newly open this summer, Beet Box, created by Matt, a chef with over 15 years cooking experience and Tiff, yoga instructor and head coffee maker, is a plant based healthy takeaway food van located in Croyde, the heart of North Devon.

If you are making the trip down to the South West this summer then pay them a visit for vegan delights, but if you’re just that little too far away then marvel via your phone by flicking through their beautiful Instagram page.

With recipes for breakfast, lunch, dinner and a few sweet treats such as a mouth watering dragonfruit and ginger cheesecake, get inspired and follow their journey filled with plenty of fresh, healthy and stunning food.

Hemsley + Hemsley

Producing best-selling books, opening a cafe in Selfridges and now having their own TV show “Eating well with Hemsley and Hemsley” these sisters have made healthy food accessible to everyone and promote the importance of affordable and enjoyable real food.

There is nothing fancy about this Instagram, just home cooked honest food which makes their account perfect to search through for a bit of midweek motivation to create something delicious and nutritious.

Try it: Socca Pizzas, quick and easy chickpea based pizzas. Feels naughty but it’s oh so good!

Madeline Shaw

Madeline is a women who has her life all sorted and makes us want to have it sorted too. Being a health coach, author and yoga teacher her account is not only a place for you to drool over delicious looking food but also serves as amazing inspiration to live that happy, healthy lifestyle.

After following her for a few months you might find yourself mimicking some yoga videos from youtube or going for an early morning run. But more optimistically, if you’re anything like me, you’ll maybe just start adding avocado to every meal you can!

BBC Good Food

Whenever I am looking to cook something for dinner at uni or fancy a bit of baking with a mate, BBC Good Food is the first place I go. Their website is filled with hundreds of amazing, simple and (usually) healthy recipes and their Instagram is no exception to this.

When searching through the website it helps to have an idea of what you are looking for, but following them on Instagram i’ve found I can just scroll through all the pictures for some inspiration and then find the recipe on the website. Most are quick week night meals, and suit my tight student budget perfectly, such as these deliciously veggie burgers which include all of your 5-a-day in one meal!

Honestly Healthy

Like Deliciously Ella or Madeline Shaw, Natasha of Honestly Healthy has built her Instagram up from blogging recipes and publishing things such as ‘Honestly Healthy In A Hurry’ a book with recipes based around saving time, money and food waste.

After spending years yo-yo dieting constantly fluctuating in weight it wasn’t until her doctor told her in 2010 that the diet she currently had was far too acidic which was causing her to feel overweight, bloated, tired and hormonal.

After learning about the science behind acid vs. alkaline she began making simple changes to her lifestyle rather than focusing on a “diet” and as a self taught chef wanted to share her newly found knowledge with the world and Honestly Healthy was created.

So follow and get inspired for the summer – being healthy never looked so easy or so good.