Women deserve to sleep around just as much as men

It makes no difference

Every guy who sleeps with his fair share of girls is an absolute ‘legend’, yet us girls are branded as ‘whores’ and ‘sluts’ for enjoying sex too? Women deserve to sleep around just as much, if not, more than guys, we’ve been through a lot.

Stereotypically, sex is seen as a chore to women. Something we do to please ‘him’, but this isn’t the case, nor do I think it ever has been. In fact, women want and need sex just as much as men do; because it’s a natural urge for both genders. We both have hormones and we both have mental and physical needs to meet; so why does the topic of women enjoying sex seem so unthinkable?

So like many of my friends, I like and enjoy having sex and what’s great is that many of my friendships have become stronger because of our mutual bonding over our cringeworthy sex stories. I think being open about the fact that you simply have a sex life, can start to change people’s perceptions of women and sex. Then maybe then this slut-shaming bullshit will begin to end.

Because let’s be honest, everyone is doing it, so who are you to judge who, how, when and where they do?

Going to university opened my eyes and made me realise that girls do sleep around, and why the hell shouldn’t we? After years of our female ancestors having to suppress their sexual desires due to social restraints, we deserve to sleep with whomever we please, because, well, we can.

Now I’m not saying you should be sleeping around, I just think we should all be able to enjoy ourselves however we please without being slut-shamed. If you want to sleep around, then sleep around. And if you don’t, then don’t.

Either way no one should be made to feel guilty because they’ve slept with too many or too few people. Who actually cares? As long as you’re sensible and safe about it then you can do whatever you want; it’s one of the best things about becoming an ‘adult’.

Another thing we need to forget it this number game we all play.

I can’t recall what film it’s in exactly, but I remember a line from it very clearly, or at least the jist of it. Essentially someone says something along the lines of “what ever a guy tells you his number is-half it and whatever a girl tells you her number is double it.” Sadly I think this is true for far too many of us. Everyone seems to worry about their ‘number’, whether they think its too high or too low – (If you haven’t yet figured it out, your ‘number’ is how many people you’ve slept with).

But in the end, does it really matter? Are you going to let a number define you and your sex life? Guys seem to worry that their ‘number’ is too low and girls always think theirs is too high. Because society has taught us then men should be sleeping around and racking up notches on their bedposts, while women sit at home being angelic virgins. Anyone else see anything quite contradictory about this? If you’re a guy who’s slept with 30+ girls, you surely can’t expect every girl to have only slept with only one or two people? The maths just doesn’t add up? Stop making a big deal out of such a trivial thing.

You could of slept with 100 people once or 1 person a hundred times, in the end its just sex. And we all do it; so I guess the overall theme is here, who cares?

Just be happy with whatever and who ever you do. Forget about conforming to society’s norms; just be who you want to be and fuck what anyone else thinks. In the end it’s your decision, it’s your life and you have to be happy because ultimately, that’s the only thing that really matters.