What women really want from men

It’s not all bout sex you know

It’s no secret that women operate on different wavelengths to men, especially when it comes to relationships, nor is it a secret that women are complex creatures, however, women aren’t exactly the massive mystery that men often make us out to be. While many women do want luxury goods from men, most do not. Here’s what women really want. Men: you’re welcome!

Respect

This isn’t hard, all you have to do is show us through your actions that you respect us, as well as our opinions, careers, interests, friends, bodies and minds. Whilst you do not have to always agree with what we say or do you could try to honour our opinions as valuable contributions. The golden rule is to treat others like how you want to be treated, so be fair and considerate. Women love that.

We want your time

Simply just take the time to prove you not only love us but that you’re interested in us and that you want to be with us. This is the 21st century and that means in most relationships nowadays both parties work. That doesn’t mean that women can be expected to do all the housework. Take some time to do the laundry or vacuum.

Communication

Women are very vocal creatures. We know you love us, but it’s nice to hear you say it, too. So let us know when you think we’re hot. Tell us we’re beautiful. It helps us feel good. Plus, when we feel sexy we’re more likely to act sexy.

Romance

Chocolate makes us very happy!

Are you more of a staying in kind of guy? That’s absolutely fine if you are, however, that doesn’t mean that the evening can’t be romantic. Cook dinner, decorate the house with rose petals like how men do in films. Date nights, making out in the car, kissing like when we first started dating—all of the things that made us fall in love with you.

Dinner is a winner

Takeout is a winner!

You don’t have to be amazing at cooking. Not expecting 5* chef quality but rather a thoughtful home cooked meal… or a takeaway which you’ve paid for. If you put effort into it then it will show in the meal and we will appreciate that more. If you can’t cook but we see you are learning we will appreciate that too. You could always take us out for a lovely meal at a restaurant.

Stay consistent

This doesn’t mean be boring and predictable. It means that we know you will (usually, no one is perfect) give us the love and support we need. Knowing that you’re coming at this with the same desires and energy as we are goes a long way to making us feel secure.

We want some engagement

Walks around the park can be engaging

Of the mental kind, not the “I’m getting married in the morning” kind. You don’t have to like everything we like (we might be a little concerned if you do), but showing interest in our passions, be it career-related, a sport or a hobby, goes a long way. Listen when we talk to you. We’re not speaking just so we can hear our own voice; we want to connect with you and this is one valuable way we do this.

A Challenge

Not the kind that makes a relationship constant work, but the good kind that surprises and motivates us to do, be or achieve what we desire. Studies show that partners who prod each other to meet goals—in other words, don’t support lazy or bad habits—are ultimately happier than those who don’t hold each other accountable.

Sex

Women have needs.