We’re hiring a Senior Video Producer
The Tab is investing in video in 2016, and we’re looking for someone to lead the growth
The Tab is one of the fastest growing media companies in the world. In the past few months, we have opened an office of 20 editors in New York City, and launched 25 new sites in the US. In November 2015, we were the fastest growing startup in London. In 2016, we are investing heavily in video to reach a bigger audience than ever, and we are looking for a Senior Producer to lead our growth.
The position will be based in The Tab’s London office, near Old Street, working closely with our senior editors in New York. You will be responsible for producing compelling short form video for our audience of intelligent students and graduates every day. You will also be able to commission other video formats from our network of 3,000 student reporters. We expect to grow this area of the business significantly in the second half of 2016, at which point there will be opportunities for leadership and strategy roles.
Successful applicants will have:
• Experience producing short videos to tight deadlines
• Exceptional video editing and production skills
• An obsessive interest in social media and audience growth
• Evidence they are a creative thinker with a hard-working attitude and a sense of humour
• A clear understanding of how video is changing on social media, and who is succeeding in that market
• An ability to prioritise, multitask and report progress
• An appetite for the challenges of working in a newsroom and a startup
To apply, email [email protected] by Sunday 9th January with your CV and answers to the following questions in no more than 150 words:
• Which media companies are excelling in video today, and why?
• Suggest three ideas for shareable videos which would work on The Tab’s main Facebook page
• Give an example of a video you are proud of producing
Salary: Competitive and dependent on experience.