Cat dies after being forced to sniff cocaine at house party

Cheeko was being looked after by the owner’s friend when he was killed

A pet cat has died after being given coke by guests at a house party.

According to The Scottish Sun Cheeko the tabby had the class A drug forced up his nose after a gathering got out of hand.

Owner Nickay Grant, 18, had left her pet to be looked after by a friend when he was killed.

It is thought a party at the friend’s house kicked off and one guest tried to make the cat sniff a line of cocaine.

But when five-year-old Cheeko refused, the thug is believed to have forced a finger of the powder up his nose.

tab

A cat resembling Cheeko

Nickay from Buckie in North East Scotland told the Scottish Sun: “I couldn’t believe it when I heard what had happened.

“How could someone be sick enough to do that to a cat?”

She asked a friend to look after Cheeko after she got four dogs and didn’t think it was safe to also have a cat.

Nickay visited her pet every day, although this stopped when she fell out with the mate involved.

The factory worker said: “I was shocked and gutted when I heard.

“The guy’s meant to have put the line on the table but Cheeko obviously didn’t want to sniff it.

“Then he’s just stuffed it up his nose and the cat’s taken really unwell. It’s awful.”

cat2

Nickay asked her friend to look after Cheeko, but still visited him every day. Photo – Facebook

Nickay discovered what had happened to her pet with the home owner’s daughter broke the news to her about the disgusting prank at the party.

She added: “I was just stunned. My pal said that after that happened Cheeko walked towards the door and lost his balance.

“He then just started fitting and nobody knew what to do.

“As far as I’m aware he died shortly afterwards and was buried.

“The Scottish SPCA said it might be hard to do anything because it happened a week or so ago. I hope they get to the bottom of it.”

The current owners of the cat refused to comment on the cocaine claims last night.

But a source close to them told the Scottish Sun: “It’s true this man gave the cat cocaine at the party and it died.

“The family are too cut up to speak about it.”

The man thought to have been behind the drug stunt has denied any involvement in the cat’s death in a rant posted on Facebook.

cat3

18-year-old Nickay was disgusted after finding out her cat was given coke. Photo – Facebook

Last night his mum – who can’t be named for legal reasons – also stood by him.

She said: “It’s absolute nonsense. My son hasn’t done anything to any cat. I don’t know where this has come from.”

Scottish SPCA Senior Inspector Alison Simpson confirmed they were looking into the claims.

She said: “We have received a report relating to a cat which allegedly died after ingesting cocaine. Our investigation into this report is currently on-going.”

This isn’t the first time someone has been in trouble for feeding drugs to an animal.

Earlier this summer Brit abroad Josh Greenwood, 21, received death threats after appearing to film himself giving ketamine to a seagull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zqZOv4NpKHk

Josh, from Huddersfield, posted the video on Twitter with the caption: “The lads over here in Ibiza have got sally the seagull fucked up of a chip with some KETchup on it!”

Days later he told The Tab: “It was just salt, not ketamine.

“It was filmed as a joke and I didn’t expect it to get the reaction it has or anyone to take it so seriously.”

Josh Greenwood denied giving ketamine to a seagull

Josh Greenwood denied giving ketamine to a seagull

He added: “My honest opinion is that you shouldn’t give any drugs to any animal regardless of what it is.

“But this joke wouldn’t have been done to a dog or cat.”

More
The Tab