Tributes for 20-year-old who died in Ibiza from sleeping pills and booze
The holiday worker passed away on Friday
Friends and family have been paying tribute after a 20-year-old holiday worker died in Ibiza.
Zander Moynes was found by his friends on Friday afternoon in Ibiza. It is believed he died after taking a mix of drinks and sleeping tablets.
The holiday worker was described by his family as a “very well loved, vibrant and fun boy.
“He was great at sports, he loved rugby and used to play for his school.
“He never stopped moving and was never still for a second.”
A boat party was held yesterday in Zander’s honour. Friends said: “He would be happy to know we are going to be celebrating his life.”
A memory board has been set up in Viva Ibiza, his favourite bar, in his honour.
Sarah, a friend of Zander’s, told the Tab: “I was lucky enough to have the good times with Zander and my memories will stay with me forever. He was such a gentleman and I miss him so much.
“Loving, caring and hysterical, anyone who met Zander would agree that a special boy is gone. Miss him unbearably, love him eternally.”
Zander, from Wraysbury, in Berskhire, had called his mum the night before he died saying he was ready to come home and start working for the family business.
Many have taken to his Facebook wall to pay tribute, describing him as “kind, caring and free spirited” and the type of person who could “get along with anyone.”
A spokesman for the family told Mail Online: “Our hearts are broken. It feels as though sunshine has gone and although life will never be the same for us, we hope that by sharing Zander’s story just one young life might be saved.
“He was loved dearly by all of his family and friends, of which there are too many to count! He will forever be in our hearts, a light burning brightly for him that will never, ever fade.”
In a statement his family spoke about the dangers of mixing drinks with prescription sleeping tablets.
“The thing we think is important is that we want to talk about the dangers of drinking and taking prescription medicines that are readily available over the counter there.
“We haven’t had the results of the toxicology or post mortem examination, so don’t know exactly what happened.
“What we do know is that Zander was drinking, as a young lad in Ibiza would and, after a heavy night he took some prescription sleeping tablets. They are over the counter medicines there, they are like sweets.”
Friends have been fundraising in Ibiza to raise money for Zander’s family and a donations page is currently being set up.