At Yale, we protest the election by asking for class to be canceled

And our professors pull through

While some students wiped their tears in the wake of the election, others protested and marched. At Yale, a number wrote into their professors to ask for class and exams to be canceled instead.

A professor at Yale made a midterm optional yesterday after a number of emails he received after the election results, branded as a “shock”.

In email sent to Econ 115 students in the early hours of Wednesday, he said that students had requested that the upcoming exam be postponed.

Rather than going ahead and postponing the midterm, the professor chose to make the exam optional instead.

The email explained that postponing the exam causes too much complication, and is simply not an option. Rather, a final curve score will be calculated for each student, based on whether or not they attended the exam.

Another lecturer emailed to explain that the conditions of a physics midterm would be changed due to “uncertainty about the future”.

The email has sparked various reactions online, with a number of tweeters being outraged, and one even comparing it to the fact he still had to attend exams on 9/11.

Yale University