All of the reasons we are looking forward to being back at the Wake

‘Tate’s Wednesday, LR Thursday, and frats every other night’

Summer break is fun and much needed by the end of finals week spring semester, but most of us already can’t wait to be back on campus.

As expected, home life is getting on our nerves and we are anxious to be out from under that watchful eye. It’s time to pack and head back to Wake. There is a lot to look forward to this year.

Our school friends

It’s great seeing old high school friends, but finding things to talk about can be hard. We miss our school ride-or-dies – the ones who were there for some of the hardest transitional years of our lives.

Gossip sessions at Starbucks, trips to the Mall and dinner dates are a standard during the semester, but all we’ve done this summer is sit at home and avoid texts from old flings.

Whether we’re going out or just having a girls nights in the suite with chocolate covered almonds and pretzels from the POD – everything is always more exciting here.

Besides, who can relate to the highs and lows at Wake better than someone who goes there?

The gold old Pit

Wake students tend to complain about it a lot, but after three or four months away from it, we are all ready for some good ole’ Pit food. Some of us might have even missed it.

Having so many options for every meal becomes normal after a couple weeks at school, but once you are home you realize that it’s not always like that (even if the few options you have are better).

If your parents decide it’s spaghetti for dinner, they will probably not be very happy when you get out the cereal bowl because you’d rather eat that.

The parties and after-party pizza sessions

Going out at school is just better than at home. No matter where you show up, there will always be people you know, and people to meet.

By now, you’ve figured where you like going the most, so disappointments are pretty rare. Tate’s on Wednesdays, LR on Thursdays and frats basically every other day – there is always a party going on somewhere.

The best part however is the pizza sessions at Zicks or Subway after. Nothing ever tastes as good as at 2am.

Housing with your bestie(s)

Ah, the glorious escape from parents and siblings at home. It’s more like heaven because you get to have most epic night conversations with your best friend whenever you feel like it.

Even homework becomes more fun (although certainly less efficient) when someone is in the same room as you.

Soccer and football games (and yes, the tailgate too)

Feel like dressing up and socializing at the game? Hop on the shuttle, and go to the football stadium to cheer on our Deacs. Take a look at the actual game too – don’t just leave after the tailgate.

If you need a break from studying, have a stroll to the soccer field on Game days and watch our team win (they make it look so easy). Like Top 5 in the Nation no big deal. So, grab your friends and have some fun.

Syllabus day

No, we are definitely not looking forward to classes and unlimited homework, but the first day is never bad.

You get to check out who is in your class (maybe a hottie here and there?). Unfortunately we go to Work Forest, so syllabus week is only a day and the next class is going to be a real one.

Only two more weeks until everyone is back. See y’all at the tailgate.

Wake Forest