Melissa Harris-Perry joins ELLE as Editor-at-Large

Dr. Harris-Perry will discuss race, gender, and fashion

Dr. Melissa Harris-Perry, Wake Forest’s in-house rockstar, has joined ELLE.com as the editor-at-large.

A Political Science professor and the Director of Wake the Vote, Dr. Harris-Perry is a WFU alum. Most recently, she was a correspondent on her own MSNBC show.

Dr. Harris Perry is a Presidential Endowed Professor of Politics and International Affairs at Wake Forest University

In a press released issued by ELLE, the fashion magazine explained that “in this role, Harris-Perry will focus on the intersection of race, gender, politics, and yes, even fashion, telling the often-overlooked stories of women and girls of color right here on ELLE.com and across ELLE’s social platforms.”

Harris-Perry said: “Joining ELLE.com is an opportunity to combine my expertise as a scholar, my commitments as a public intellectual, and my interests as a woman.”

She added: “Politics, economics, and inequality will be important to the stories we tell, but so too will culture, community, family, and even fashion. I am thrilled to tell my loyal television audience where they can find me and to introduce myself to brand new audiences, all while telling the stories of extraordinary women and girls.”

Dr. Harris-Perry will remain a full-time professor at Wake Forest; she is extremely involved on campus, hosting lectures, organizing events, and managing clubs.

Professor Harris Perry leading a discussion with writer Michaela Angela Davis.

The acclaimed activist has a loyal following, both at Wake Forest and beyond, known as #nerdland. She is a regular correspondent on news programs, a consistent contributor to publications, AND is a Demon Deacon!

Wake Forest is extremely excited for Dr. Harris-Perry’s new position at ELLE.com.

Wake Forest