The 90s Comeback

90s fashions are back and better than ever – have you jumped on the bandwagon?

Oh my God, Becky, look at her butt. Hah! Sicka than your average Poppa. Hit me baby one more time.

OK OK you get it. Songs from the 90s, very clever of me. My point is, the 90s are back. So maybe you’re not listening to the Goo Goo Dolls or Biggie Smalls 24/7, but it’s apparent that the fashion of that era has returned.

image1

Tattoo chokers (well, just chokers in general), Fujifilm polaroid cameras, denim on denim (from jackets to mom jeans to flare jeans to destructed jeans), Doc Martens, biker jackets.

It’s everywhere….and that’s just the short list. Vintage 90s wear has become huge, and Austin is the perfect place to snag that retro piece. All around UT I see these fashion statements, especially the chokers. Have you seen a single girl without a choker in her profile picture?

image3

There’s even a 90s Bar Crawl coming to Austin in April.

So, if you’re interested in the look, but not so keen on pre-owned clothes, there are still plenty of brands following the wave. Brandy Melville, J Galt USA, Urban Outfitters, American Apparel, Levis, and tons of boutiques are carrying new items that look similar to those of the 90’s.

So, give it a shot. Why not?

It’s lit. (I’m kidding. I really don’t know why I even said that.)

UT Austin