Where to go on Spring Break 2016

Sprrrriiiiiiing Breaaaaaaaak

The best week of the year is coming up – but do you know where you’re going?

Here’s a complete guide to nailing Spring Break 2k16, from South Padre to Cancun to Colorado.

It’s time to gather your squad.

South Padre Island

Let’s start with the most obvious choice. South Padre is infamous for being a cheap Spring Break getaway near the Mexican border. Thousands of college kids descend on the island every year for the UME Music Festival which features some of the best artists in the electronic world. If you are looking for a quick getaway, South Padre is it! Just don’t expect too much from the Atlantic ocean water. Texas isn’t known for its beaches. And watch out for those ratchet beach brawls.

Gulf Shores, Alabama

Freshmen, this is for you. Your first college spring break! Parents won’t let you go to Mexico yet? Tell them you want to go to a small beach town in Alabama. That sounds innocent enough!  he only snag here is finding someone’s parent to book a condo for you and your friends. You aren’t even old enough yet to get past many of the vacation rental offices. Good luck. Don’t forget to pack your favorite frat tanks!

PCB, Florida

Perhaps you’ve already paid your dues in Gulf Shores and are looking for something a (little) more adult but still super fun. Look no further than Panama City Beach. You can relive your freshmen year glory days while upping the game a little bit. Remember when you slept on the floor last spring break just so you could stay with your friends? Maybe this year you’ll be able to swing an actual bed in a condo.

Destin, Florida

If you grew up in Texas, you probably have fond memories of going on family vacations to Destin. Known for being a family oriented beach town with the clearest water on the Atlantic shoreline, Destin is not exactly beach party friendly. Save Destin for a small trip with your closest friends or be prepared to have a slower paced Spring Break. The blue green water is gorgeous though.

Mexico

Mexico is as exotic as it gets for cheap Spring Break destinations. Cabo and Cancun are our two top picks! The best way to do Spring Break in Mexico without having any sketchy stories to tell is to book an all inclusive package at a resort. Make sure it includes drinks! The drinking age in Mexico is 18. Can’t decide which city to pick? Both cities have great nightlife but Cancun is more budget friendly.

Colorado

So maybe you aren’t a beach person. Head up to the Rocky Mountains for a week of skiing instead! Serious skiers and snowboarders hit the slopes during Spring Break to get their much needed adrenaline rushes. Expect to meet a motley crew of other college students, many from other states outside of Texas. You definitely won’t have the warm sand at the beach, so the condo’s hot tub will have to do. Watch out for the dreaded goggles tan.

UT Austin