The rise of the dad hat

Fashion duds rejoice

The hottest item on the streets today doesn’t require you to break the bank or carefully study fashion magazines. In fact, it may just be sitting in your closet right now.

Introducing the dad hat.

Mason Lynaugh, 20, UT Sophomore - BHP & MIS; making that pink pop

Mason Lynaugh, 20, UT Sophomore – BHP & MIS, making that pink pop

Dad hats are actually just baseball caps renamed in spirit of the latest normcore trend.

That’s right. The lame hat you refused to wear as snapbacks rolled onto the scene (and subsequently left your dad to wear when he mows the lawn) has become a fashionista’s must-have.

busy but beautiful year thank you

A photo posted by Tablo (@blobyblo) on

Whether it’s your beat up Longhorns cap or Yankees hat you bought on impulse during your New York trip, dad hats are ready to fill all your fashion needs.

The true beauty of wearing a dad hat is not the dapper ensemble look you get from carefully picking out your outfit, but rather the unpretentious, “I don’t know what I’m doing” look which, in this day and age, is considered fashionable.

Jeff Maqui (left), UT Finance Sophomore, rocks a Palace hat

Jeff Maqui (left), 19, UT Finance sophomore – black on black & white – rocking a hat by PALACE

Celebrities are spearheading the dad hat trend as well. Some notable dad hat fans include Drake, Kylie Jenner, and Ian Connor, so we already know this is one trend that’s going to stay.

1 mill in 1 week

Throwback.

A photo posted by Ian Connor (@ianconnorsrevenge) on

So how do you properly rock a dad hat?

One rule: keep it simple. When it comes to dad hats, the more average-looking the better.

Mason Lynaugh, 20, UT Sophomore - BHP & MIS; putting in work

Mason Lynaugh, 20, UT sophomore – BHP & MIS, putting in work

Personally, my favorite dad hat combo consists of a plain sweatshirt, pin-rolled jeans, and Adidas Superstar sneakers with the hat just perched atop.

Just remember, the key is not to create a coherent look, but to look as if you literally give zero fucks.

@ejoonkim on Instagram

• http://csgoskinssell.tumblr.com/post/142047456407/cs-go-skins-counter-striker-tips-for-beginners cs go skins trade

Passion the website– very user friendly and lots to see!|

• http://keycuracao.com/ro/ curacao island

Hiya! Quick question that’s totally offf topic.
    Do you know hhow too make your sikte mobile friendly? My webblog looks weird when browsing from my iphone.
    I’m trying to find a template or plugin that might be able to fix this problem.
    If you have any recommendations, please share. Cheers!

• http://K-m-Meatco.com/__media__/js/netsoltrademark.php?d=keycuracao.com%2Fsv%2F Curacao Island

Attractive section of content. I just stumbled upon your web site and in accession capktal to assert that I acquire actually enjoyed account your blog posts.
    Anyway I’ll be subsxribing to your augment and even I achievement yyou access consistently rapidly.

• http://keycuracao.com/pl/ curacao island

Hello! I simply would like to give you a big thumbs up for your grat ijfo you have got here on this post.
    I’ll be coming back to your wweb site for more soon.

Do you want to write stories for thousands of readers?

, Assistant Editor

Supreme Court rules in favor of race-conscious college admissions

Affirmative Action upheld in a 4-3 vote, backing UT Austin

My Pakistani upbringing helped make me the American I am today

How I learned to live in the melting pot without burning

and

There were 17 campus rapes reported at UT Austin in 2014

But victim advocates say it shows more people are coming forward

Yes, I am a woman who chose a STEM major

Don’t ask me about being a nurse

I tried sugar waxing at home

I don’t have a degree in cosmetology, but I do have a degree in making stupid decisions

How to survive living in NYC if you’re from the PNW

Embrace the $1 pizza, Rockaway Beach and the best holiday celebrations in the world

Bernie Sanders spoke to young people in a way no other politician has

America’s future was feeling the Bern

Every reason Quito-Ecuador is the place to be this summer

Maybe not your first pick, but it should be

What it takes to get an internship at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

And no, you don’t have to be an art history major