Today’s National Margarita Day, so here are the most underrated margs in L.A.

Because you know how much The Tab loves a good margarita

Do you have someone to buy you a drink today? You better, because it’s National Margarita Day.

El Carmen

If you are feeling a little bougie during Happy Hour, go to El Carmen for that West Hollywood location but taco stand price. $5 margaritas? Yes please! Often times Mexican food is for 2 AM drunchies on a Saturday night, but El Carmen is an restaurant that you attend sober and leave tipsy. The moment of sobriety is needed to truly appreciate the fact that you are throwing back tequila shots where icons Stevie Nicks and Lindsey Buckingham once did. So you basically are getting drunk with Fleetwood Mac when you go to El Carmen, congrats.

It’s South Central prices for some 60s soul and WeHo style.

Gracias Madre

Normally we’d say “ew” to even the idea of vegan Mexican food, but this West Hollywood gem concocts the Purista, one of L.A.’s finest margaritas. While most margaritas rely on a splash of Cointreau or Grand Marnier to truly stand out, it’s the Purista’s bitters and spicy salt that give this one a unique bite. Plus, your meal is already vegan, so you can afford to treat yourself and buy yourself two.

The total bill will be somewhat pricey, but totally worth it.

The Standard

Downtown’s finest (and try-hardiest) rooftop also happens to serve one of the city’s most interesting margaritas. “The Standard Margarita” is anything but. Garnished with cucumber and jalapeño, it’s the one drink that might make the most basic spot in L.A. slightly less so.

Standard prices (pun intended), but make sure to close your tab—it’s easy to overbuy here.

Cabo Cantina

#MegaMargs, anyone? Cabo Cantina in Santa Monica is serving up four shot, 36 oz Patron Margaritas, which you could either have fun sharing with your bestie or have even more fun going at alone. Sure they’re $16, but with 2-for-1 Happy Hour 4-8 pm every day and late night, even those of us on a college budget can be straight chillin.

Get crunk levels of cheap.

La Barca

When spirits are low and cash flow is even lower, La Barca is a no brainer. The key to success is their 3-8pm happy hour. A strong, delicious blended marg is $3.50, so it will only take $7 to get certifiably drunk. For those on a strict cabo diet, order a skinny marg which contains fresh squeezed lime juice and tequila. If you’re in a rush, don’t worry, a massive shot is $3.25. You’re welcome.

It goes without saying.

University of Southern California