USG Senator and presidential candidate Daniel Million resigns as a sign of protest

Lamented being “one of two black males” in an allegedly apathetic USG

At Tuesday’s evening’s USG meeting, Senator Daniel Million resigned, citing the organization’s alleged lack of focus on the Black Lives Matter movement, stating that, “as one of the two black males of the organization, I sometimes felt like no one cares about the problems I’m facing.”

Very coincidentally, Million resigned on the first day of the USG election, where he is running for president against current USG Vice President Austin Dunn. Million has publicly criticized Dunn for his role as a candidate as well, calling for his disqualification due to violating social media campaign guidelines.

On Facebook, Million changed his tone from his critique of Dunn as a Vice President, to that of USG’s treatment of his candidacy, saying:

“The USG Elections code states that punishments need to fit the nature of the infraction. Our problem with the monetary infraction was that it will set a precedent that future students, with financial resources to fund their own election, will choose to take advantage of starting campaigns before they are allowed to.”

The Million/Vorhoff ticket declined to comment when The Tab asked them about their stances on free speech, anti-Israel and anti-Jewish activism and the rights of Greek life.

University of Southern California