Rose Bowl-winning kicker suspended and under investigation for ‘code of conduct issue’

Matt Boermeester has been suspended from the team and the university

Kicker Matt Boermeester has been suspended indefinitely from the football team while USC investigates “a code of conduct issue,” according to a statement released earlier today.

Following a confirmed report from Deadspin, USC spokesman Tim Tessalone refused to disclose further details but did note that Boermeester “will not be representing the university as a member of its athletic team” while the university investigates his case.

Boermeester gained near universal adoration from the Trojan family after kicking the winning field goal in USC’s black swan victory in a legendary 24th Rose Bowl.

Deadspin reported that two tips correlated Boermeester’s suspension with an alleged incident with his ex-girlfriend in January. The report comes at the heels of three suspensions for student conduct in the past year from the football team, most notably former linebacker Osa Masina, who stood trial for rape at the end of last year.

University of Southern California