We spoke to Chad Moses, the high school student whose picture was tweeted by Malik Obama

He is ‘not at all’ a Trump supporter

Malik Obama tweeted a photo of a boy taking a mirror selfie with the caption “My People” to his 138,000 followers on Sunday, December 25. The boy in the photo is Chad Moses, a high school student from California.

Since Moses quoted the tweet with the caption “What the fuck,” he has been the uncomfortable target of Obama’s ‘Thot Patrol,’ a legion of ardent Trump supporters and ‘shitposters.’

If this story sounds unbelievably weird, you’re not alone. Moses himself barely understands how this even happened.

“My friend direct messaged [Malik] a picture of me, and when I woke up my mentions were destroyed,” Moses told The Tab.

“He later followed me, but then when I followed back, he blocked and unblocked me. I think it’s because I’m not a Trump supporter.”

Obama, the half-brother of President Barack Obama, is an infamous Trump supporter who addresses his vocal following as his ‘Thot Patrol,’ dedicated to ‘shitposting’ memes celebrating the President-elect and trolling those who oppose Trump.

Like most of the unlucky few embroiled in election-related crossfire, Moses has began to receive some abuse from Obama’s followers.

“At least I got a bunch of followers,” Moses told us. “Before this I had 868.”

His quoted tweet of Obama has almost 80,000 likes.

University of Southern California