Everything that’s going to happen on Homecoming Weekend

Prepare yourself for the crowds

Homecoming is this weekend and everyone is already excited for the lively atmosphere that the arrival of USC family, friends and alumni will bring.

They are already slowly filling up campus today. This event represents the influx of former students coming back to the place that they call home.

With the return of Trojans from around the world, things are likely to get hectic.

The tents for various alumni organizations are going up

Parents and alumni will pretend that they are in college again

There’s something about the USC campus that makes the years since you graduated fade away.

It causes most people to forget their age and their limitations for the better or the worse.

Journalism and Daily Trojan Reunion in Annenberg

You will have to force your way though a crowd that is three times as large as normal

The Alumni Association is expecting a turnout of 80,000 alumni, twice the size of USC.

There will no doubt be pushing and shoving so I recommend that you leave for the game as early as possible.

Support the football team with your heart, mind and soul

Now that the Trojans are 5-3 you have no excuse not to come to the game and stay till the end.

Even though Oregon is on track to have a losing record, let’s show them who deserves the Pac-12 South Title.

Here we are supporting the team in our own weird way

Imagine the usual Saturday tailgate but on steroids

The extra 80,000 alumni expected this weekend will make our relatively large campus look extremely small.

Prepare to see a sea of red tents and former students wearing USC Hawaiian shirts.

Imagine what this scene will look like on Saturday

Do not miss an opportunity to kick the flag poles with all your might

If they are still standing after this weekend it will be a miracle. But as tradition goes, the more people that kick the flag poles, the more likely we are to win this game.

You will not be able to get on campus with a vehicle of any sort

Expect to encounter traffic everywhere in a 1 mile radius of the school. People from all over California and the world are converging in one small area of L.A. If you are willing to wait 30 minutes to go 0.1 miles, then go for it.

The festivities will drag on till Sunday

Homecoming also serves as a reunion for alumni and they will not be wanting to leave the nostalgic campus anytime soon. USC has activities planned for them the entire weekend.

These seats are ready to be filled full of alumni

Make sure to dress appropriately

If you don’t want to get heckled, make sure you are wearing only cardinal and gold. And if you aren’t wearing cardinal and gold you better make sure you get rid of any traces of blue. It would be worse to wear UCLA colors than Oregon colors.

By the time the weekend is over you will have felt what the Trojan Family truly is

The Trojan Family inexplicably links everyone who went to USC. You won’t find many other places where 80,000 alumni are willing to come back to their college and relive the good ‘ole days.

Who wouldn’t want to come back just for one weekend

University of Southern California