Sarkisian hire by Alabama adds fuel to the fire

He was let go from USC for arriving drunk to practises

Steve Sarkisian, the former USC football head coach, has been hired by Alabama as an analyst, according to ESPN.

Ironically, this comes after a 52-6 demolition of the USC football team by Alabama and Nick Saban. The hire by Alabama only adds fuel to the fire that was sparked by Saturday night’s loss.

Sarkisian was given an indefinite leave of absence last October after showing up to practices and games inebriated and now, 11 months later, Sarkisian is getting a second chance, much to the chagrin of USC fans everywhere.

Saban is taking the necessary precautions to make sure that Sarkisian is fit to work. And so far, according to Saban, Sarkisian has put the time and effort to “get himself in a positive situation.”

Sarkisian has been working for FOX Sports as an analyst this past year, and in an interview in LAX by TMZ Sports in August he said that he’s enjoying life and was grateful for the opportunity to re-evaluate his life.

“Life’s good,” Sarkisian said. “Just taking some time to focus on myself and do the things necessary in all aspects of my life. Been fortunate to have that time to do that and I feel really good.”

Steve Sarkisian interviewed at LAX by TMZ Sports.

Sarkisian isn’t the only ex-USC football coach to join Alabama. Lane Kiffin, head coach of USC from 2010-2013, joined the ranks of Alabama football as an offensive coordinator in 2014 and on Saturday he must have had a great time running the score up against the Trojans. His tweet on Sunday, which quickly went viral, referred to his abrupt firing on the tarmac.  

In his new job as analyst, Sarkisian will watch game and practice film to provide input for the game plan, but he will not be coaching from the sideline.   

University of Southern California