Things guys at UNC do that are annoying af

You know who you are

There are general things that guys can do that can really get on a girl’s nerves, but at UNC, they have some things of there own.  Whether it’s talking to them, sitting next to them or just trying to get across the Quad behind them, there are some things that a lot of male Tar Heels have in common.

Manspreading

Have you ever walked in to class on the first day and found the perfect seat and it felt like fate until you noticed a guy sitting in the next seat over with his legs spread so far apart that you could fit another desk there?

This tendency (known as manspreading) is infuriating to people who are just trying to find the perfect seat with that perfect angle that where it looks like you’re paying attention while you’re actually taking online quizzes about which chicken nugget you are.

Bonus points if you see someone manspreading in Carroll 111.

Walking slow 

So maybe you’ve never noticed man spreading before, but you’ve definitely been walking to class (and let’s be honest, running considerably late) when you found yourself stuck behind three hot shots moving slightly slower than the pace of the Alpine line. Nothing is worse than when you’re already late to that recitation you hate and you get stuck behind a small pack of frat boys with no regard for the people trying desperately to walk around them without being run off the sidewalk.

Bonus points if they are carrying white Styrofoam cups.

The smells

Even if you’ve never witnessed the first two instances described above, I know that you have accidentally sat down next to a guy in the library who smells like he hasn’t showered in three days and doesn’t know that deodorant exists. You’re probably just trying to study for that Chem 101 exam you have majorly procrastinated (everyone told you not to take that class — you did it to yourself), but you can’t focus because every five seconds, you get a whiff of pure body odor.

Bonus points if they just finished their workout and are still in their Under Armour tank top.

Mansplaining

My personal least favorite thing that guys seem to do way too often is cutting you off or disregarding your ideas in class. You have probably at one point shared your opinion in class only to find yourself interrupted or criticized by a boy who thinks you are “misinformed” and sees it as his duty to save you from your own flawed logical reasoning skills. While nothing is wrong with disagreeing with a classmate, it’s the manner in which they voice their disagreement that is so upsetting. No one likes mansplaining, especially when it’s directed at you.

Bonus points if he tries to explain why feminism in unnecessary in your Women’s Studies 101 lecture.

Not Dressing for the Weather

When I look at the weather app and see that it’s going to be cold, I bundle up. I’m talking a jacket, wool socks, a sweater and gloves. It always blows me away when I’m walking to class like we’re about to get hit by a blizzard and I see a boy walking down the sidewalk in basketball shorts like it’s 80 degrees and sunny outside. I promise that no one will judge you for admitting you’re cold. It does not diminish your masculinity to wear pants when it’s literally below freezing outside.

Bonus points if there’s snow on the ground.

While these problems may seem many, they can easily be corrected.  Guys, walk a little faster and and put on some damn pants.  UNC girls will appreciate it, I promise.

UNC Hide Images