The Tab UNC is looking for new team members

We cover the stories you’re interested in hearing about, in a style you want to read

The Tab UNC is looking for talented writers, video producers, and marketing connoisseurs to join our team. It’s your chance to be part of the global news network reaching 8 million readers.

Every one of our stories are developed by students just like you. The best part? You don’t have to be an experienced writer or Journalism major to write for us. Anyone can write for The Tab, no matter your major or projected career path.

By working with us, you’ll also have the chance to work remotely for The Tab’s other pages, including Babe –  one of the fastest growing women’s websites. The Tab’s reporters have broken stories featured in The New York Times, BuzzFeed, VICE, The Washington Post and The Guardian, and now work in sought-after jobs in the media.

Working with us means you’ll also have the opportunity to apply for internships at The Tab’s headquarters in New York City.

Write for us

To write for The Tab UNC, like our Facebook page and sign up here to join our team. Our first open meeting is January 24th at 7pm at Tru Deli.

Other positions are available on our team this semester. All applications are due Sunday, January 30th:

Marketing Director

If marketing is your thing, our Marketing Director position may be for you! We are looking for someone to help us recruit writers and build our brand on UNC’s campus through targeted emails, pit sitting, flyer/poster campaigns, program planning and merchandising. The Marketing Director is expected to attend bi-weekly meetings and spend from 2-5 hours a week on their tasks.

To apply to be our Marketing Director, complete this form.

Video Producer

If you are a video whiz, apply to be our Video Producer! We are looking for someone to assist us in filming original video like our coverage of the UNC walkout and to help us direct video projects like our texting videos. The Video Producer is expected to attend bi-weekly meetings and spend from 2-5 hours a week on their tasks. These tasks include directing/filming one video a week. Editing experience is not necessary but a willingness to learn is preferred.

To apply to be our Video Producer, complete this form.

Columns & Quizzes Editor

If you love doing quizzes on BuzzFeed, reading silly content like confessions or celebrity gossip, and have a passion for writing, apply to be our Columns & Quizzes Editor! We are looking for someone to jumpstart our weekly columns and pitch some of their own column concepts, along with developing original quizzes about life at UNC. The Columns & Quizzes Editor is expected to attend bi-weekly meetings and spend from 2-5 hours a week on their tasks. These tasks include commissioning column content, ensuring story delivery, and creating at least one quiz a week.

To apply to be our Columns & Quizzes Editor, complete this form.

Photo Editor

If you are passionate about photography, apply to be our Photo Editor! We are looking for someone to develop original photo pieces like this and keep our media library stocked with great photos of campus life. The Photo Editor is expected to attend bi-weekly meetings and spend from 1-3 hours a week photographing for The Tab.

To apply to be our Photo Editor, complete this form.

Become a part of The Tab, no experience necessary. For more information on applying, contact our Campus Editors Una Dabiero and Avery Williams at [email protected].

UNC