We asked UNC professors about their Valentine’s Day plans

‘When you’ve been married for 16 years, you can’t expect too much’

Whether your bae is taking you to TOPO or your suitemates are throwing an “I hate Valentine’s Day” party, you probably already know your plans for Sunday. But have you ever wondered what your professors do on the most romantic day of the year?

The Tab UNC asked a few professors about their big Valentine’s Day plans.

Sarah Blanton, Spanish

“This year, I’ll do something with my roommate. She really wants to go see Gone With The Wind at the Varsity Theatre. They’re having a special Valentine’s Day film. Those are my only plans since my husband is in Europe.”

Cameron Ballard-Rosa, Political Science

“I’m driving to Kentucky with my wife for her mom’s 75th birthday.”

Jessica Wolfe, English

“My husband and I are bringing home a new foster dog this weekend. When you’ve been married for 16 years, you can’t expect too much.”

Barbara Stegenga, Biology

“Actually, I’m not doing anything for Valentines Day – other than my family coming in to visit.”

Christian Lundberg, Communications

“Steak in a sous vide and whatever else we can do. Three kids – it’s tough to get out. Maybe if we can find a babysitter, we can go see a movie, but that’s unlikely.”

Gidi Shemer, Biology

“Valentine’s Day is a Pittsburgh vs. UNC game and I’m taking my wife to the game, where I’ll be fortunate enough also to get an award for teaching, so I’ll be there in the halftime. So I think it’s appropriate for Valentines Day.”

A lot of professors declined to answer in fear of sounding “too boring.” Where’s Cupid when you need him?

UNC