Here’s how the end of Fall semester goes down in the Sunshine State

Because even finals season is better in Miami

In just nine short days, finals will be upon us.

Shit, I didn’t realize that it was that close. We should probably be writing a paper or three right now. But, at least here at UMiami, even finals season has its perks.

The free stuff

If you’re new here, you should know that finals week is full of events that involve FREE food and coffee. I recommend checking out the breezeway and the rock every day next week for donuts, drinks, and motivation.

Hammocks

In case you aren’t aware, there will be orange and green hammocks outside, the unfortunately named, Cox soon. The impatience is growing. What’s taking so long? And why do we only get them for a week and a half? Maybe if we had them all year it wouldn’t be such a battle to claim one.

Why isn’t the library always open 24/7? Why do they hate us?

November 29th, 2016

The sun

It’s 82 degrees out and the sun is shining – and we’re less than two days from December. This means we can get outside to study. When the library is packed and the empty classrooms are locked, sit by the lake or the pool and relax for a while. Take care of yourself. Get some Vitamin D. Or at least claim that’s what you’re doing while you actually lay in your bathing suit and flaunt your procrastination skills. (That’s not what you thought I was going to say you should flaunt, was it?)

Smiling through the pain

Basketball

It’s the most wonderful time of the year!!! Basketball season has begun, and it’s a very welcome distraction from studying.

So, yes, while all these tweets can very accurately describe the torture of finals, at least we’re not knee-deep in snow and studying in darkness at 4 PM. With that said, good luck guys. Two more weeks. You got this.

University of Miami