Catching up with UMass senior Joe Khoury, the CEO of iRollie

In honor of 4/20 of course

It’s been about a year now since we last talked with Joe Khoury, the UMass (now) senior who created his own company, iRollie- the one of a kind idea that mashes together a phone case and a rolling tray, making rolling on the go easy and desirable.

A lot has happened over this past year – from partnering with Def Jam Records to going viral via Greenleaf Magazine- Joe and his partner Luke have had quite the year as their business made great strides.

Recently, iRollie partnered with Afroman- well known for his songs “Because I Got High” and “Crazy Rap” (Colt 45 & 2 Zig Zags)- and accompanied him on his tour around the Northeast. iRollie has “gone from a ‘college company’ to partnering with one of the most influential and prolific cannabis musicians,” say the boys. You can watch footage from their time together in this video- of course flaunting the featured Afroman iRollie case.

Featured here in our first article, we show the basic design of the iRollie and talk about the background and startup of the company. Now, Joe and Luke are focusing on designing and producing new and improved products and getting them out on the market.

On the website you can see products that go beyond the iRollie, all the merchandise aimed at the ‘everyday stoner’. Joe and Luke are also working on really personalizing their company, as you can see with their ‘team picture’ under the About Us tab. The iRollie team has also started a humorous series of skits like the one featured below, personalizing their company with relatable skits and stories featuring their logo- the owl.<

Originally a college-kid operation, Joe and Luke are taking the business to the next level once they graduate this May. Both boys are planning to take on iRollie as a full-time job and are even planning on moving to Las Vegas in effort to conquer the West Coast with one of their advisors.

The team has four new additions, their board of advisors. “Our advisors are the best” says Joe, “they are there to help us through anything and just provide so much support and business advice”. iRollie has met and carefully selected their advisors through various networking events and found people who have had their own successful careers in the past and are looking to be a part of something new and exciting.

After unknowingly being featured on Greenleaf Magazine’s facebook page New Years eve, Joe and Luke were receiving orders by the minute on their phone, leading them to have to backtrack where all of this traffic was coming from. Within the first week of 2017, Joe and Luke had already reached the total amount of sales that they received in 2016, all due to their overnight viral trend – crazy!

iRollie has been making their presence known all over the US, and worldwide really. Occasionally receiving orders from the UK, iRollie has been seeing the majority of their sales – 60 percent – coming from Texas.  And as most know, marijuana officially became legal in Massachusetts on December 15th, 2016. The iRollie team predicts that this will certainly help out their business with new distribution outlets and less stigma.

Luke and Joe are excited to see what the future holds, and their hopes are definitely high.<

UMass Amherst