All of your last minute Halloween costumes ideas

There is still a day left

Halloween is just around the corner, and that means costume season is in full swing. However, it seems like every other student on campus is still unsure about what to wear this weekend. If you fall into this category don’t stress, don’t sweat, just sit back and relax. Some fabulous, simple, and cheap Halloween looks are coming your way.

Your favorite TV show character

Question. You mean I can just wear regular clothes? Yes. Exhibit A: Dwight and Angela from “The Office.”

Something sweet

Dress as candy, or food of any kind. Here’s some inspiration brought to you by some sassy candy hearts. With just a few pieces of colored paper, an entire costume can be created!

UMass-centric costumes

Dress as Sam the Minuteman, or even a UMass mom or dad; there is bound to be gear galore at the campus store. Or get a little wild and be the zoo itself! 

A Spooky Soul

Grab an old shirt, some face paint, and scissors and you can soon make yourself into a splendid zombie. This is sure to be a cheap and easy option that is fun for all!

Something Patriotic

Exert your inner Uncle Sam’s and Rosie the Riveter’s for a quick, easy, and very patriotic look. Go find some red, white, and blue and mimic the famous look we can all recognize.

Icons

Yes, you can dress as your favorite celebrity- in this case, Beyonce’s iconic music video outfits. It was amazing, we felt iconic.

An Up-cycled Statement

Here’s the key to being thrifty: throw an outfit together that you already own! Take some lessons from this trendy girl scout and recycle a look from your past.

A Thrift Store Ensemble

This simple look, “the tacky tourist” is one that is simple and cheap. Just head to your local thrift shop and get the most colorful Hawaiian shirt you can find. You can even complement it with a floppy bucket hat or, everyone’s favorite, the infamous fanny pack.

Best of luck in crafting your last minute look, and have a happy Halloween!

UMass Amherst