What your favorite Christmas song says about you

Other than the awful fact that you enjoy Christmas music

Whether it’s because your family drilled certain Christmas songs into your head as a young child, or you actually have your own adult opinions, our holiday musical preferences are staunch.

And you can tell a lot about a person from their music taste – especially when it comes to Christmas music.

White Christmas

You are very old fashioned. You and your family probably have your own unique (weird) traditions that your friends judge you for. Such traditions may include twine, vegetables, and/or playing cards – the possibilities are endless.

Your Christmas trees are insane and you’ve been wrapping presents semi-professionally since you were three. You get to Christmas Eve mass five hours early so you can get a front row seat.

And make sure everyone gets a clear view of your latest Vineyard Vines quarter-zip

All I Want For Christmas Is You

Christmas is your favorite holiday. You love everything about it. You go to an average of five ugly Christmas sweater parties a year. You love both giving and receiving presents. Eggnog and gingerbread are personal favorites. 25 Days of Christmas is a fixture in your house every year, and you have very strong feelings about Elf.

The build up for your family Christmas card is a year long event, and you e-mail your alphabetized Christmas list to every relative by Halloween.

Except, you probably haven’t been to church in seven years and have no idea that it’s a religious holiday.

Santa Claus Is Coming To Town

The Southwest of Christmas songs.

You only know the chorus to this song, but that’s the only part that matters. During the rest of the song you just keep repeating “This is my favorite Christmas song!” followed by, “Can we call an Uber in five minut- SANTA CLAUS IS COMI- you already called it?”

This song is the life of the party and so are you.

Baby, It’s Cold Outside

Tumblr is your main priority. You’re a self described “hopeless romantic,” but in reality you’re just kinda desperate. The number one thing on your Christmas list is some mistletoe so you can try and get a kiss on the cheek from a polite friend of a friend.

At the end of the day you’re just looking for someone to duet your favorite Christmas song with you.

Maybe this year my friend. Maybe this year.

Last Christmas

Last Christmas you got dumped. Dumped bad. Christmas and New Years are now your least favorite holidays.

Your friends and family all think you’re over it and you’ve completely moved on. But really, you’ve spent the last year trying to win them over. This will backfire when you make a fool of yourself in front of them (and all of their friends) on New Years Eve. Maybe by Christmas 2016 you’ll have gotten over it.

And if not, there’s usually enough eggnog to numb the pain.

Dominick the Donkey

You go to Hampshire College.

Sorry.

UMass Amherst