Every thought you’ll have during a UD winter break

What day even is it?

You’ve survived fall semester and nearly the last bit of 2016. Wow what a year to say the least. After a fun fall semester and getting through finals, you’ve made it home in time for the holidays. No more getting up early to go to class or taking exams for a month and a half. All you want to do is probably sleep for the next day. And alas, the seven week winter break has begun.

What are my grades?!

The first week of break is spent wondering what your GPA is. The professors take so long to post their grades to UDSIS. Once I was on the Sakai page, and there was a heading that said ‘grading party, December 19th-21st.’ Definitely a party I wouldn’t want to go to. No fomo. And one of my professors this past semester submitted the grades a day late *sighs*.

Tis the Season

Here’s to drinking egg nog, ugly sweater parties, secret Santas, celebrating with your family, and making gingerbread houses that barely stay together. No matter what you’re celebrating, it’s the best way to end the year.

15390766_10211633195175233_3218869304336188074_n

Throwback to holiday shindigs at the end of the semester

Now what?

That time between the holidays and New Years when you know what to do with your life, am I right? Part of you misses UD and all of your  college friends, and the other part is so thankful to be getting a break from the stress of school. Here’s to a few weeks of not having to be an adult and with fewer responsibilities. Of course it’s bitter cold and winter now though so you probably will decide to stay inside and hibernate for a little while.

What a year

It sounds corny, but I love looking back on pictures and social media and all that at the past year right about now. Not only because you’re probably somewhat bored and miss your college friends, but to see highlights and memories of the year and what not. Every semester as a Blue Hen seems to be getting better and better as time goes on (why does college have to fly by?!).

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

2016 is over woo!! Here’s to another year to trying to get your life together and to become a better version of yourself. Of course New Years is the perfect time to see your friends so it’s nice to start and end your year with them.

Study abroad

How many people do we know that are leaving the country for the month of January? How many people do you know who will be posting endless Instagram and Facebook pictures to make everyone else jealous? Tis the season for studying abroad or wanting to travel if you’re not already doing so. Also, tis the season for binge watching Netflix to avoid such posts that make you realize what you’re missing out on.

Throwback to going to Iceland

Throwback to going to Iceland

When?!

For those who aren’t studying abroad or who are bored at home, when will spring semester start is the biggest thought in your mind. You miss seeing everyone and the college life- even if it’s stressful. Going to UD is probably one of the greatest choices I’ve ever made, and you truly do miss it when you’re not there. Whether it’s friends, the green, the fountain, main street, or just being surrounded by so many fellow Blue Hens, it’s an amazing place and four years that you’re so privileged to be a part of.

So beaUDiful

University of Delaware