A day-by-day breakdown of Thanksgiving break

It’s a trip

Day 1: Pure bliss

screen-shot-2016-11-22-at-2-33-58-pm

After hours of traveling through traffic and delays, you’ve finally made it home! It’s officially thanksgiving break and you can finally be stress free for an entire week. It’s time to relax and kick your feet up.

Day 2: Binge-watching

Today is the day that you binge watch Netflix because honestly, what’s better than binge watching a T.V. show? You don’t even have to get dressed because none of your friends are home yet so you know your plan for the day is you and your favorite show. Cuddle up with a cozy blanket and do not press pause.

Day 3: F~R~I~E~N~D~S

I know you really want to keep watching that amazing show you binge watched yesterday, but your friends are finally home! It’s time to see your buddies and get the ~411~. Isn’t it great to reunite and be weird with each other again? Of course, there has to be food involved because for some reason sitting down for burger and milkshake is the best way to get those juicy details out of your friends.

Day 4: Thanksgiving Eve

It’s the day before Thanksgiving! Tomorrow you get to eat all the food you want and not be judged for it, but we’re not there yet. You might need to help prepare the kitchen and dining room for all the guests your family is having over, or you might cook up some stuffing or bake a pumpkin pie if you’re going elsewhere for turkey day. Oh, and thanksgiving eve is the biggest party night of the year in the U.S.! Get ready to party ladies and gents.

Day 5: IT’S HERE

HAPPY THANKSGIVING. IT’S ONE OF THE BEST DAYS OF THE YEAR! There’s going to be so much food and everyone is PUMPED. The Thanksgiving day parade is on in the morning which is a tradition in my house, so we must watch. Once that ends, the national dog show is on. I love dogs SO MUCH, but I don’t see what’s appealing about this competition. It’s time to head on into the kitchen and start cooking. (Also, 25 days of Christmas starts today (!!!!), but wrong holiday).

Day 5: Continued

Thanksgiving dinner is FINALLY ready. I don’t know about you, but I try everything on the table. I’m happy while eating thanksgiving dinner, really happy. It doesn’t get better than turkey, sweet potatoes, stuffing, mac and cheese… or does it? Dessert never disappoints with the eight different pie choices. Man, isn’t Thanksgiving the best?

Day 6: The only Friday that has a color

Black Friday. I love to shop, so I usually make my way over to the mall. However, I never seem to buy stuff on sale which is odd considering this is the one day of the year where everything should be on sale. I guess this year I need to be a better shopper!

Day 7: It’s over

Okay, you really need to do your homework. Break is almost over and you don’t have much time left to procrastinate. Seriously, be productive.

Day 8: The worst day of the year

The traffic and traveling is going to be the absolute worst the Sunday after Thanksgiving. All I can suggest to you is to have a killer playlist ready, and to try and beat the traffic. Now it’s time for finals!

University of Delaware