The best of UChicago Halloween events this weekend

Look no further

From the eerie red light of Ryerson’s turret in the night to the sounds of students crying in the Reg, there are a lot of creepy things around UChicago – and Halloween is no exception.

For Friday 10/28:

Trick or Treating in Campus North

When: 3pm-8pm

Children from the Duncan Center for Children will be visiting the dorm to trick or treat. If you are in the volunteering mood, get involved by helping hand out candy, decorate cookies and house lounges.

There will even be a haunted house.

Boos n’ Ribs

When: 7-10:30

Where: Ida Noyes

Try out your costume and bring your appetite to COUP’s Boos n Ribs! With lots of free Porkchop ribs as well as chicken and veggie options, Insomnia Cookies, Fabiana’s cake, Kind Bars, Red Bull, Zico coconut water, and boos (if you are of age) – you are in for lots of treats.

Come dressed for the costume contest and ready to take pictures, as well as to walk through the haunted house. Dirt Red Brass Band, Nu Blu Band, Ransom Notes, and Men in Drag are set to perform, and UChicago Swing Dance Society will be teaching swing dance.

For Saturday 10/29…

University of Chicago’s Symphony Orchestra’s Halloween Concert

When: 7pm and 9pm shows

Cost: Free admission, donations suggested

Partnering with Hype Park School of Dance, the two groups are bringing spooky to stage of Mandel Hall. They promise “costumes, story-telling, and special effects,” according to the Facebook invite. Music will include Dukas’ The Sorcerer’s Apprentice and Franck’s The Accursed Huntsman, as well as parts of Tchaikovsky’s Sleeping Beauty and John Williams’ Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone. Come dressed in your costume!

On Sunday, you have a scare of your own – the amount of homework you have left to do.

Good luck!

University of Chicago