What to do if you are stranded in Irvine for Spring Break

Bummer you can’t purchase Disneyland tickets from ASUCI

Your friends are off hoping from Bali to Thailand for the next week while your best friend interns in New York. The prices for flights has doubled as you finally decided on Cancun and now you are stuck in Irvine. Perhaps you decided winter was enough time to see your parents and are now stranded in Irvine?

We’ve compiled a list of activities that will be worth your buck.

Knotts Berry Farm:

So it’s not exactly the “happiest place on earth”  but with the ASUCI ending the promotion as of September 15th, 2016 the price for Knotts is relatively cheap with your student ID.

So while your friend sips away margaritas at Bali make your way to Knotts with a quick 20-30 minute drive where you can enjoy Snoopy at Knotts and ride the Silver bullet or the Xcelerator.

Your last chance to experience this classic roller coaster will be April 23rd! #Boomerang #KnottsBoysenberryFestival #BoysenberryFestival #FunBun #Boysenberry #Knotts #KnottsBerryFarm #KnottsIG #Calico #ThemeParkPhotography #ThemePark #AmusementPark #RollerCoaster #RideWarriors #CedarFair #OrangeCounty #BuenaPark #ABC7Eyewitness #ThemeParkConnect @knottsberryfarm

A post shared by Theme Park Connect (@themeparkconnect) on Mar 28, 2017 at 11:52am PDT

Universal Studios:

In case you’re tired of riding the Boomerang for the tenth time, ASUCI also gives discount tickets for UCI students at 89$ for Universal Studios. Gather your wands and slytherin Universal Studios where you can enjoy Harry Potter World while your friend suffers from mosquito bites in the tropics.

Hogwarts ?

A post shared by Jöe Eduardo Reyes (@sloppyjoe_14) on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:57pm PDT

Boomer Canyon:

For our fellow pedestrians who don’t want to order a Lyft or UBER, simply walk to the UC Irvine ARC (Anteater Recreational Center) where just a mile beyond you can get away from civilization and boast about your phone independence as you prance around the endless fields of wheat.

Think simple. Be humble. #boomercanyon #ihearthiking #irvine #socal

A post shared by Irene Yu (@66ontheroad) on May 27, 2016 at 10:49pm PDT

Go to the beach:

We’re coastal! Enjoy the beaches of California. Surf the waves at Newport or grab a beach towel and picnic at Huntington beach. Show your friends that Insta pic with your feet in the sand along with an inspirational quote pretty sure it will be the same as your friend in the beaches of Cancun.

Movies everywhere:

Take advantage of your student ID it will decrease the costs of movie tickets in various places. Learn the lyrics to Beauty and The Beast while your friends gamble their money away in Vegas. Go Morphin’ Time with the new Power Rangers Movie and beat your friends to see the Ghost in the Shell adaptation. Or just go see Logan for the third time, no one’s stopping you.

About to see freaking Beauty and the Beast…. the excitement is real PC: @_kallihanparis_ my date ?

A post shared by ↠kailyn paris↞ (@kailynparis) on Mar 16, 2017 at 9:09pm PDT

Irvine Spectrum:

And if you find yourselves watching movies at the Edward Theaters in Irvine Spectrum might as well stay there and let your inner child enjoy the Ferris wheel and the carousel.

#shotbypixel

A post shared by Josh Mather (@joshmather1) on Mar 28, 2017 at 12:42pm PDT

Cheap Clubbing:

Feel like dancing til dusk? Go to Santa Ana’s Velvet Lounge, a gay bar and nightclub, which has an entry fee of 0$ for anyone 21 and older. Or enjoy the fab drag show!

TemptASIAN Holidaze Drag Show happening now! #vlvt #orangecounty

A post shared by Velvet Lounge in Santa Ana, CA (@vlvtloungeoc) on Dec 21, 2016 at 9:16pm PST

Bowling:

Why not learn a new trade to add to your resume? The Irvine Lanes are perfect opportunities to stretch that arm and strike those pins. Sure it’s not the same as traveling to Cabo but you don’t have to put sunscreen to have some fun indoors.

Having fun @irvinelanesbowling with @bomaoc #goodtimes #myassistantmark #bowlinggreen

A post shared by Steven Martinez (@smartinezpm) on Mar 14, 2017 at 7:56pm PDT

The District:

Who says window shopping can’t be fun? You can watch a beautiful sunset almost as beautiful as the ones in Miami but hey a sunset is still a sunset.

i just want to watch the sunset with the love of my life one day ?

A post shared by Kathleen Suarez (@kathleensuarezz_) on Mar 26, 2017 at 6:55pm PDT

Gorging on Food:

You have one week before you start to think really hard about going to the gym in preparation for that summer bod. Why not treat yourself to Taiwanese sweets of 85°C Bakery Cafe and walk around The District as you fill your facebook feed and Instagram with pictures of food.

Now this!!! 85º #arra

A post shared by Arra (@aloe_vera_mama) on Mar 26, 2017 at 9:49pm PDT

If at this point of the list you still feel undecided there’s always Netflix and Chill until spring quarter begins where you can silently envy everyone that went off on an adventure to the tropics while you slept all day.

UC Irvine