UCI Republicans put up provocative posters to welcome Milo back to campus

Remember what happened last time he came?

The first wave of Milo posters have begun to pop up around UCI ahead of Milo Yiannopoulos’ return to campus on the 30th of October.

According to the UCI College Republicans:  “This only the beginning. The club plans to continue posting until Milo arrives on campus, something that will likely be triggering SJWs till the day of.”

In case you don’t know Milo, he’s a free-speech, right-wing, gay activist speaking at College campuses on his “Dangerous Faggot” tour. His talks include social controversies, such as criticisms on Black Lives Matter (BLM)feminism, and Islam.

Milo has also been accredited to some infamous quotes, including, “Black Lives don’t matter to Black Lives Matter,” and “social justice is cancer,”.

Milo has had his run ins with UCI administration as well. In June of 2016, the UCI Republican club was suspended after the administration imposed a last minute ,”…additional $1,000 fee for hosting the event,” founded on the unsubstantiated claim that College Republicans were hosting the event with a non-UCI organization. Soon afterwards, the College Republicans were reinstated after the administration faced severe backlash across campus.

Ariana Rowlands, president of the UCI Republican club, explains that, “College Republicans invited Milo Yiannopoulos back for a victory visit on October 30th not only to exercise our free speech rights but to present an argument for the other side of the electoral narrative- a Pro-Trump message on a campus who’s chancellor sent out an email condemning the GOP nominee. We look forward to any and all persons who wish to engage in a free, civil and open discussion about Yiannopoulos, Trump, and the Republican Party.”

For all those interested in attending, you can get your tickets or view additional information here.

UC Irvine