UC Irvine is one of the healthiest colleges in the U.S.

See, that salad was a good idea

Greatist has named UC Irvine one of the 26 healthiest universities in the United States.

UCI is one of four west coast universities that has gone the extra mile in insuring that its students have healthy lifestyle options.

The heart of campus is Aldich Park, which is 19 acres and contains over 11,000 trees. It makes the perfect place for outdoor lovers to soak up some vitamin D or to exercise.

UCI is also one of the greatest places to ride a bike and was named a Gold Bicycle Friendly University by The League of American Bicyclists.   Campus is covered in designated bike paths and beautiful scenery to accompany them. Bikes are available through ZotWheels, an automated self service bikeshare system on campus.

The campus recreation center, the ARC, provides outdoor activities in Marina Park like paddle boarding and sailing. Other activities like dance, martial arts, intramural sports, rock climbing, and healthy cooking classes are also available to students.

We’re not all about physical wellness, UCI also has a wide variety of mental health services for students. Counseling services through the on-campus counseling center are available to currently enrolled students at no charge. There is also the Campus Assault Resources & Education center, Campus Social Worker, the LGBT Resource Center, and more support for students.

With all of these amazing physical and mental wellness programs available to students, it’s no wonder that Greeatist recognized UC Irvine as one of the healthiest campuses. It’s yet another proud day to be an Anteater!

Check out all of the campus wellness services available to students.

UC Irvine