Applications are open to become a reporter for The Tab UC-Irvine

We even offer course credit

If you’re looking for a new opportunity this school year and you like journalism, writing, or just want to gain experience in these areas, we might be the publication for you.

We are an online news source for students, by students. We pride ourselves on giving students a voice, being a platform for debate and breaking the stories that matter to you.

Sign up here

In the last six months we’ve sent our reporters to political rallies, broke campus exclusives and made a name for ourselves at Irvine.

As part of an officially UCI recognized club, Tab fellows will cover breaking campus news, political news, events, student/faculty/alumni stories, school pride, and just about anything you could imagine! 

Sign up here

As a fellow for The Tab you will gain journalism, marketing, publicity, and digital media experience as well a professional guidance from full-time journalists in our New York Headquarters. A great way to fluff up your resume. Plus, for the first time ever, you’re also able to receive 2 units of course credit as an official Tab fellow.

Tab reporters have gone on to work for VICE, BuzzFeed, The Daily Mail, ESPN and countless other big names in the industry, we’ve got the know-how and insider knowledge to help you get anywhere you want.

If your stories get over 2,500 Facebook engagements in a month we offer a cash prize which gets bigger as you get more shares!

Plus, you’ll get to meet some pretty great people in the process.

No experience is necessary, just a burning desire to report on life at Irvine and get exposure for your work.

Sign up here

UC Irvine